Jermaine Jackson backtracks on Chris Brown tribute announcement

September 10th, 2009 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI  

Rihanna London, September 10 (ANI): Jermaine Jackson has climbed down from his announcement that Chris Brown would form a part of the forthcoming concert in honour of his late brother Michael.

The former ‘Jackson 5′ member previously revealed Brown would be among a host of other artists to perform at the tribute set to take place in front of Vienna’s former imperial Schoenbrunn Palace on September 26.

But representatives for Brown, who is presently on probation for assaulting ex-girlfriend Rihanna earlier this year, subsequently denied the story, reports the Daily Express.

And now, Jackson has backtracked on his earlier announcement, saying he was only inviting the shamed singer to perform.

The 54-year-old said in a second press conference in London that he was not announcing headline acts but would like to see Brown be part of the show if he is allowed out of the U.S.

He said: “It’s up to the judge if he gets let out of the country or not. I’m not worried at all. He wants to be here. It’s just up to what he’s going through with his court case right now.

“He’s asked for forgiveness. If Christ can forgive him, so can we. People make mistakes, but he’s a wonderful performer.” (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe