Jeremy Wade catches the elusive crocodile eating tiger fishOctober 21st, 2010 - 11:21 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Oct 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A British TV host couldn’t believe his luck when his hook caught a dangerous crocodile eating fish in the Congo River.
Jeremy Wade was on a fishing expedition at the area when he caught the five-foot creature. The animal has a fearsome 32 set teeth similar to that of the dreaded great white shark.
Wade was careful during his pose with the creature. He kept the animal at arms-left to avoid being bitten by the animal. The animal, Goliath Tiger Fish is one of the deadliest and biggest piranhas in freshwaters.
The fish’s habitat cannot easily be reached and as a result only fishermen have ever caught a handful of the fish. The animal is very dangerous and the 52-year-old host of the show, River Monsters on ITV was very aware of that fact when he was examining the creature. The fish weighed a massive 45 kg and reached a length of five feet.
Wade called the creature “quite a beast”. That description somewhat perfectly describes the creature, which is capable of eating prey as big as itself.
Wade returned the animal shortly after the animal’s details were recorded. It took Wade 8 days to catch the fish.
- British TV show host hooks croc-eating giant piranha - Oct 21, 2010
- Jeremy Wade Finds Croc-Eating Tiger Fish Piranha - Oct 21, 2010
- Fish kills two men by biting off their testicles - Dec 29, 2011
- Piranha attack in China leads hunt for fish - Jul 12, 2012
- Flesh-eating piranhas found in Greece river - Aug 09, 2012
- Sharks visit underwater spas for dead skin removal - Mar 23, 2011
- Sharks were once small, harmless fish - Sep 12, 2011
- 'Shark Night' - overstretched, but fun little film (IANS Movie Film Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- Piranhas attack bathers in Brazil - Feb 22, 2012
- Piranhas attack beach-goers in Brazil - Sep 27, 2011
- Sri Lanka to catch man-eating crocodiles - Apr 13, 2012
- Wild animals cause havoc in Mozambique province - Feb 16, 2012
- 'Big cats roaming British countryside' - Dec 29, 2011
- Crocodile causes panic in Shanghai - Aug 07, 2012
- Wayne Comben & Graeme Pulle pull in UK's biggest shark - May 30, 2012
Tags: beast, british tv, congo river, crocodile, eating tiger, fishermen, fishing expedition, five feet, foot creature, goliath tiger, great white shark, handful, hook, monsters, piranhas, pose, prey, tiger fish, tv host, white shark