Jeremy Renner To Play Hawkeye In “The Avengers”July 24th, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The director and the screenwriter Joss Whedon of the upcoming movie “The Avengers” has confirmed that “The Hurt Locker” fame Jeremy Renner would play the role of super hero Hawkeye. There had been many speculations about the star-cast of the movie which will begin filming in February of 2011 and finally the director has confirmed some of the names of the star cast. The movie will be shot in Raleigh Studios, the primary star-cast has already been done, but the director has not yet revealed who would play the role of Bruce Banner/The Hulk.
Joss Whedon, in one of his interviews to a reputed media source said that he is putting together a “powerhouse cast” and he is writing and directing the movie. The director also mentioned that there would be some avenging that would take place during the film and then he did not reveal anything about the story. However, he added that Jeremy Renner would join as “Hawkeye” and it is “exciting” for the director and the rest of the cast. The director jokingly commented that he is excited to be in the presence of his powerhouse cast and hopes that they don’t kill each other as that would be weird!
The media started speculating before that Jeremy Renner would join “The Avengers” but the production house kept the star-cast under wraps to stir the curiosity among the masses. The media however expects that the full cast of the movie “The Avengers” will be announced today. The recent speculations say that Mark Ruffalo has been signed as Edward Norton’s replacement to play the role of The Hulk.
- Mark Ruffalo Playing Hulk In 'The Avengers', Confirmed - Jul 25, 2010
- The Incredible Hulk To Scorch Silver Screen Once Again - Sep 26, 2010
- Mark Ruffalo to Play as 'The Hulk' in 'The Avengers' - Jul 27, 2010
- Mark Ruffalo is the new 'Incredible Hulk' - Jul 27, 2010
- Norton slams studio for ruling him out of 'Hulk' sequel - Jul 13, 2010
- Marvel Studios to replace Ed Norton in 'The Avengers' - Jul 12, 2010
- 'The Avengers'-Ups the bar for superhero franchisee (IANS Movie Preview) - Apr 28, 2012
- Scarlett gets diet tips from Jeremy - Mar 16, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson wants to explore Black Widow - Apr 18, 2012
- 'The Avengers' sequel in 2015 - Aug 18, 2012
- Mark Ruffalo in 'late-stage talks' to star as 'The Hulk' - Jul 15, 2010
- 'Avengers' to release in India before US - Dec 08, 2011
- Avengers stuntman Jeremy Fitzgerald injured - Jun 28, 2011
- Norton not keen on superhero roles - Aug 14, 2012
- Avengers trailer released - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: avengers, bruce banner, curiosity, edward norton, fame, gina gomez, hulk, jeremy renner, joss whedon, mark ruffalo, media source, powerhouse, presence, raleigh studios, speculations, super hero, wraps