Jenny McCarthy shuts school for autistic childrenApril 10th, 2010 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 10(ANI): Actress Jenny McCarthy has decided to close her school, Teach2Talk Academy, for autistic children.
The beauty’s son Evan was diagnosed with autism in 2005 when he was two years old, following which she started working for the cause.
However, McCarthy, who recently parted ways with actor Jim Carrey, has shut it down following differences with partner Sarah Scheflen.
“Jenny and her partner at the Academy, Sarah Scheflen, had different visions for the school and made a decision to go their separate ways,” Fox News quoted McCarthy’s rep as telling the entertainment site HollywoodLife.com.
The spokesperson added: “Both intend to continue on in this important mission. Sarah and Jenny really enjoyed their time working at the Academy and feel honored that they were able to provide such high quality early intervention services to so many children with autism and other developmental disabilities.”
A source had revealed that McCarthy was likely to gain full control of the school with Jim Carrey’s help, until they split.
The source said: “Before the school fell apart Jim was going to possibly buy out Jenny’s partner so the school would be all Jenny’s. Then, next thing I heard, [Jenny] was moving out [from Carrey's house].”
Last year, McCarthy told KidsLA magazine: “I’m proud to say [the school] is an absolute success in terms of the amount of progress children with autism are making. We do have a goal to open more schools around the country. If I had Bill Gates’ money, I would have them in every state.” (ANI)
- Jenny McCarthy closes down her school for autistic children - Apr 14, 2010
- McCarthy's son misses Carrey - Jun 07, 2012
- Jim Carrey: Love Beckons! - Jan 15, 2011
- Jason Toohey Dating Jenny McCarthy - Oct 18, 2010
- Jim Carrey moving on from Jenny McCarthy split - Oct 07, 2010
- Jim Carey teaches acting to girlfriend's son - Dec 08, 2009
- Jenny McCarthy and beau Jason Toohey call it quits - Dec 09, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy splits from boyfriend - Aug 17, 2012
- Jim Carrey 'dating another hot young blonde' - Jan 14, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy And Jim Carrey: Together No More - Apr 07, 2010
- Jason and Jenny dating - Aug 18, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy spotted with a 'mystery man' in Las Vegas - May 08, 2010
- Carrey unsure of finding long love - Jul 02, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy looking for mystery man she kissed on a night out - May 11, 2010
- Jim Carrey 'spotted grappling with a blonde and a brunette' - May 12, 2010
Tags: absolute success, actor jim carrey, actress, bill gates, bill gates money, children with autism, developmental disabilities, early intervention services, fox news, jenny mccarthy, jim carrey, school for autistic children, separate ways, son evan, spokesperson, visions