Jennifer Lopez says being a mom comes firstMay 7th, 2012 - 12:14 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 7 (IANS/EFE) Jennifer Lopez has said it would be a “blessing” to be a mother once again and added that she was open to adopting a child.
The 42-year-old singer and actress revealed details about how she fared during her pregnancy with twins Emme and Max, who have just turned four, the physical changes she experienced, and how motherhood changed her life in a meeting with the press in Los Angeles to present her latest film, this one based on the best-seller about pregnancy “What To Expect When You’re Expecting”.
“I want them to be well, that is the main thing for me. The rest will come later. I’m going day by day,” Lopez, who said she had “my hands full” with raising her children and was relying on the support of “a big family”, said Saturday.
The artist is currently preparing a summer tour of North America with Enrique Iglesias and the duo Wisin and Yandel, and is a panel member on two television shows, “American Idol” and “Q’Viva! The Chosen, on which she works with ex-husband Marc Anthony, the father of her children, and to all of this may be added the May 18 screening of the new film.
“I’m a little tired,” Lopez said.
The actress said she was happy with how things are going when she spoke in the presence of cast members Cameron Diaz, Elizabeth Banks, Anna Kendrick, Wendi McLendon-Covey and the author of the book, Heidi Murkoff.
“What To Expect When You’re Expecting” is an ensemble film that tells the stories of several different pregnancies, as gathered in Murkoff’s popular work.
In the film, Lopez is in a relationship with Brazilian Rodrigo Santoro and together they decide to begin legal procedures to adopt an Ethiopian boy.
The singer said that her role in the film opened her eyes to adoption, something that she had never thought about before.
Lopez divorced Anthony in July 2011 after seven years of marriage. She had given birth to their twins in February 2008.
- Reggaeton duo include JLo in upcoming album - Mar 07, 2012
- Pregnancy can't be planned, but won't mind adopting: JLo (Interview) - May 15, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez arrives in Peru - Dec 05, 2011
- JLo, Marc Anthony separate - Jul 16, 2011
- I can take a lot of punches, says JLo - Mar 02, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez takes her children to the sets of 'Papi' - Aug 23, 2011
- Lopez, Iglesias to tour together - May 02, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias wants to record with JLo - Jul 24, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez combine styles - Aug 18, 2012
- Lopez plans show on lesbian couple - Jul 08, 2012
- JLo dances on Uruguayan beach - Dec 09, 2011
- Marc Anthony files for divorce from JLo - Apr 12, 2012
- Pregnant Christina Applegate to play pole dance instructor! - Dec 07, 2010
- J-Lo avoids giving parenting tips - Feb 02, 2011
- Marriage with JLo wasn't sustainable: Marc Anthony - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: adopting a child, american idol, anna kendrick, author of the book heidi, cameron diaz, cast members, efe, elizabeth banks, enrique iglesias, ensemble film, heidi murkoff, husband marc, marc anthony, new film, panel member, physical changes, pregnancies, rodrigo santoro, wendi mclendon covey, wisin and yandel