Jennifer Lopez is out as the American Idol judgeAugust 12th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Aug 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There’s still no confirmation about the new judges who will take over from Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres on the American Idol. Rumors had indicated that Jennifer Lopez was set to replace one of the erstwhile judges but a reliable report from People magazine says the musician and actress will not be considered anymore for the job.
Reports confirmed that the actress’ terms were unreasonable to FOX and the company decided to give up on her. However it ought to be mentioned that there have been no confirmations about this development from FOX, American Idol or Jennifer Lopez’s spokespersons.
Even though Lopez may not be considered anymore for the position, a new music expert has emerged in contention for the position. It’s none other than Mariah Carey whose husband confirmed that she was in love with the show and will definitely be pleased to sit on the judging panel, if her other commitments will not conflict with the show. According to sources, “She talks about it. She says, ‘I would love to do that.’ She is one of the greatest singers of our time; she would be great. I don’t know if she has enough time, though, but if they could work with her schedule, I know she would love to do ‘Idol.’ Let’s start the campaign!”
Peter Rice, Fox’s chairman said in an interview a few days ago that there had been no appointments with regard to the vacant judging positions on the show.
- Mariah Carey's American Idol promotional photo released - Jul 27, 2012
- J.Lo to replace Ellen DeGeneres on 'American Idol'? - Jul 30, 2010
- Jennifer Lopez To Join The American Idol Judges - Jul 30, 2010
- Jennifer Lopez Ruled Out As 'American Idol' Judge? - Aug 12, 2010
- Mariah Carey To Judge American Idol? - Aug 24, 2010
- Lopez Out As 'Idol' Judge On Account Of Her Demands - Aug 12, 2010
- Lopez to get $12 mn for judging 'American Idol' - Sep 14, 2010
- "American Idol" Season 10 Kicks Off With New Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres happy not playing 'American Idol' judge - Feb 07, 2011
- J.Lo 'out of running as judge for 'American Idol' after diva act' - Aug 12, 2010
- Jlo wants Bon Jovi to succeed her - Jul 18, 2012
- 'American Idol' cannot afford Carey: Cannon - Jul 17, 2012
- Lopez really beautiful, say Fonda - May 21, 2012
- No Jennifer Lopez in 'American Idol' - Aug 12, 2010
- Portia De Rossi Officially Changes Name - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: actress, american idol, appointments, commitments, confirmation, confirmations, contention, ellen degeneres, few days, fox, jennifer lopez, mariah carey, music expert, musician, new music, people magazine, peter rice, simon cowell, singers, spokespersons