Jennifer Hudson turned down ‘Precious’December 27th, 2011 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 27 (IANS) Actress Jennifer Hudson, who recently shed 36 kg, turned down the title role in “Precious” because she was not interested to play an over-weight single mother.
The 1999 movie, directed by Lee Daniels, was the story about overweight, illiterate teen named Harlem and Daneils thought that Hudson is perfect choice for the character, reports contactmusic.com. Newcomer Gabourey Sidibe eventually got the title role.
In her new memoir “I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down”, Hudson, 38, writes, “As much as I was moved by this film, I wanted to try a role that had nothing whatsoever to do with my weight.”
Hudson, after working hard on her body, is now a face of WeightWatchers-a company that offers various dieting products and services to assist weight loss and maintenance.
- Hudson launches weight-loss centre - Sep 29, 2011
- 'Precious' sweeps Image Awards - Feb 28, 2010
- Gabourey Sidibe To Host SNL - Apr 01, 2010
- Gabourey Sidibe Of The Highly Praised 'Precious' To Host SNL Later This Season - Apr 01, 2010
- "Precious" Movie Releases Today - Nov 06, 2009
- Oprah sees self in film on sexually exploited teen (With Images) - Sep 14, 2009
- Sapphire, The Author Of The Award Winning Film 'Precious' Sells The Sequel Novel - Nov 13, 2010
- Mom of Gabourey Sidibe Auditions For 'America's Got Talent' - Jun 18, 2010
- 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards Showers Honors On "Precious" - Mar 06, 2010
- 41st NAACP Image Awards: "Precious" A Big Hit - Feb 27, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson's fiance 'doesn't want her to slim more' - May 01, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson Signs Up For Weight Watchers - Apr 02, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson's new look 'too thin' for dieticians - Mar 02, 2011
- Howard Stern refuses to apologise for calling Gabourey Sidibe "enormous black chick" - Mar 12, 2010
- Fiance asks Hudson not to lose more weight - May 01, 2011