Jennifer Hudson trying to move on after family tragedyJanuary 17th, 2009 - 12:51 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, January 17 (ANI): Jennifer Hudson is reportedly trying to move on with her life after having faced the horrors of her tragic family murders.
The Oscar-winner, who went into hiding following the brutal slayings of her mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew in October last year, is set to sing the American National Anthem at Super Bowl XLIII in on February 1.
The actress, who may also perform at the Grammys on February 6, was also said to be getting back on track considering film offers and working on her own screenplay.
The script is loosely based on her own life, including her rise to prominence with ””American Idol,”” bagging an Oscar for her first film and then the personal tragedy, according to sources.
It was further alleged that Hudson was anxiously awaiting the forthcoming trial of William Balfour, her brother-in-law and the prime accused behind the murders.
””She has reached out and sought the right counseling and therapy to deal with all that,”” Chicago Suntimes quoted a friend close to the singer as saying.
The Dreamgirls star, nominated for four Grammys for her self-titled album, has also drawn plans for her next CD, including alleged duets with artists from several genres such as hip-hop, Broadway, opera, country and rock. (ANI)
- Jennifer Hudson ''feeling good'' on her way back to showbiz - Jan 20, 2009
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson confirms shell perform at Grammys - Jan 21, 2009
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson laughs off baby rumours - Apr 24, 2009
- Relative indicted in killing of Jennifer Hudson's family - Dec 31, 2008
- Is Jennifer Hudson pregnant? - Apr 23, 2009
- Jennifer Hudson mourns mum, brothers tragic death - Oct 26, 2008
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Cops have just three days left to charge Hudsons murder suspect - Nov 08, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson to sing American National Anthem at SuperBowl - Jan 14, 2009
- Jennifer Hudson killings suspect indicted for murder - Dec 31, 2008
- Hudson offers reward for information on missing nephew - Oct 27, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson suspect to remain in custody till Dec 3 - Nov 11, 2008
Tags: actress, american idol, american national anthem, broadway, brutal slayings, dreamgirls, duets, family murders, family tragedy, forthcoming trial, genres, grammys, jennifer hudson, nephew, oscar winner, personal tragedy, prominence, screenplay, super bowl, william balfour