Jennifer Hudson ready to forgive family murdererMay 16th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 16 (ANI): Jennifer Hudson is ready to forgive the murderer who robbed her off her mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew last year.
The Oscar-winning actress’ mother, Darnell Donerson, and brother, Jason, were shot dead at their Chicago residence on October 24, and the body of her nephew, Julian King was discovered in an abandoned car three days later.
The brave star returned to the spotlight just three months after the killings and began her tour with singer Robin Thicke in March.
The grieving 27-year-old has now revealed her faith has helped her deal with the tragedy and that she offers her forgiveness to the killer who took away her family from her life.
“It’s my faith that gets me through, and where I come from, so I’ve got to give glory to God,” Contactmusic quoted her as saying.
“I’m a very forgiving person, and once again I serve the mighty God, who is all about forgiveness. And if I can’t forgive, then how can I expect him to forgive me?” she added.
Meanwhile, William Balfour, the estranged husband of the singer’s sister Julia, has pleaded not guilty to charges of first degree murder and home invasion and is slated to appear in a court at a later date. (ANI)
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephew - Dec 24, 2010
- Music is my therapy: Jennifer Hudson - Mar 26, 2011
- Hudson murder suspect granted permission to move jails - Jan 29, 2009
- Hudson returns to work after family tragedy - Dec 10, 2008
- Police searching for actress Jennifer Hudson's nephew in murder case - Oct 26, 2008
- Hudson offers reward for information on missing nephew - Oct 27, 2008
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson finally opens up about the murders of her family members - Jun 30, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson still feels late mother's presence - Nov 05, 2009
- Relative indicted in killing of Jennifer Hudson's family - Dec 31, 2008
Tags: actress mother, brave star, brother jason, chicago residence, contactmusic, darnell, first degree murder, forgiveness, glory to god, home invasion, jennifer hudson, julian king, killings, mighty god, murderer, nephew, october 24, robin thicke, sister julia, william balfour