Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephewDecember 24th, 2010 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 24 (IANS) Oscar winning actress Jennifer Hudson organised a toy drive in memory of her murdered nephew.Jennifer wanted to focus on happier times with seven-year-old Julian, who was brutally murdered two years ago along with her mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson, so she organised the Chicago event to help other children enjoy the festive season.
“This was a good way to keep Julian’s memory alive by blessing other children through the holiday season. For us, we never had a sad Christmas, so we want to make other children’s Christmas be as enjoyable as ours were growing up,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted her as saying.
Jennifer’s sister Julia agreed this was the perfect way to honour her dead son.
“Julian always had toys. I would come home and see his bike down the street and say, ‘Why is your bike down the street?’ ‘Oh I gave it away.’ This would be right up his alley I think. I know he’s smiling, something he would have done, exactly,” said Julia.
Jennifer, who has a 16-month-old son David Daniel with fiance David Otunga, revealed creating the toy drive in Julian’s memory had already made her Christmas better and added David had helped the whole family cope with their tragedy.
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Music is my therapy: Jennifer Hudson - Mar 26, 2011
- Hudson, Hendricks honoured for charity work - Sep 16, 2011
- Hudson eager to have daughter - Jul 07, 2012
- Police searching for actress Jennifer Hudson's nephew in murder case - Oct 26, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson's fiance 'doesn't want her to slim more' - May 01, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson wants another baby - Aug 18, 2010
- Hudson launches weight-loss centre - Sep 29, 2011
- Hudson offers reward for information on missing nephew - Oct 27, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson ready to forgive family murderer - May 16, 2009
- Hudson returns to work after family tragedy - Dec 10, 2008
Tags: actress jennifer, brother jason, chicago event, christmas, darnell, david daniel, dec 24, festive season, fiance, happier times, holiday season, honour, jennifer hudson, london, memory, nephew, sister julia, son julian, toy drive, tragedy