Jennifer Grey’s gets diagnosed with cancerSeptember 4th, 2010 - 7:06 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 4, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Thanks to Dancing with the Star’s requirement that every participant should be completely healthy before the show starts. Jennifer Grey went through a complete health check up before going into the dance reality TV show and this saved her from cancer.
Grey’s representative confirmed that a spinal surgeon urged her to get rid of a benign nodule from the back of her neck. Grey promptly took action and got the nodule surgically removed. Recent reports suggest that the nodule turned out to be cancerous.
The rep further elaborated that after the nodule was surgically removed, doctors declared Grey completely fit to resume her normal routine. Grey had previously told the doctors of “Dancing with the Stars’ that she was suffering from chronic neck pain from a car accident a few years back. The “Dancing with the Stars’ doctors asked her to get it checked by a neurological spine surgeon.
When she went to the Spinal neurosurgeon, he persuaded her to get the nodule removed surgically. Although Grey was apprehensive about going under the knife, after the operation the nodule turned out to be cancerous.
Doctors say that Grey is in perfect shape to dance and participate in all the normal activities. Grey is partnered with two time champion dancer Derek Hough as the show gets on air on September 20.
– Sampurn Wire
- 'Dirty Dancing' star Jennifer Grey escapes cancer - Sep 06, 2010
- Jennifer Grey takes inspiration from Patrick Swayze - Sep 15, 2010
- Joel Grey Was Present To Support Daughter Jennifer Grey In DWTS - Nov 10, 2010
- New robotic head and neck cancer surgery preserves speech sans scarring - Sep 08, 2010
- Derek Hough And Jennifer Grey Did'nt Argue! - Oct 21, 2010
- Jennifer Grey clinches 'Dancing With the Stars' trophy - Nov 24, 2010
- Argentine president gets good news - no cancer - Jan 08, 2012
- Audrina Patridge's Shocking Elimination From DWTS - Oct 28, 2010
- DWTS Season 11 Week 7: Rick Fox Eliminated - Nov 04, 2010
- Shocking Elimination On ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Upsets Many - Oct 28, 2010
- Jennifer Grey Crowned As "Dancing With The Stars" Winner - Nov 24, 2010
- Derek Hough Leaving "Dancing With The Stars" - Feb 01, 2011
- DWTS Judges Are Giving Wrong Judgements, Claims Critics - Oct 27, 2010
- Radio-guided op safe, simple way to remove cancerous nodules in lung - Feb 28, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to compete in 'Dancing With The Stars'? - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: cancer, car accident, champion dancer, chronic neck pain, complete health, dancing with the star, dancing with the stars, derek hough, doctors, jennifer grey, neurosurgeon, nodule, participant, perfect shape, reality tv show, spinal surgeon, spine surgeon, time champion