Jennifer Garner prefers theatre over filmsMay 10th, 2009 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
London, May 9 (IANS) Hollywood actress Jennifer Garner has admitted that she never wanted to be in front of camera and that theatre was her first love.
“I certainly never expected to be in front of the camera. Even when I was studying acting, I wouldn’t even go into the film department of my school. I was only about the stage. I didn’t even consider film or TV. I was a total snob,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Garner as saying.
“Then when I moved to New York and was trying to get a job on stage, and was broke and was offered a TV movie. I took it because I didn’t have any option,” she added.
The 37-year-old actress also revealed that her family was initially shocked by her decision to become an actress.
Garner’s father is a chemical engineer and mother an English teacher and she had originally started out studying chemistry at a university.
“I just realised that I liked drama more than science,” Garner explained.
- Jennifer Garner says theatre was her first love - May 11, 2009
- Cole not keen to imitate Rihanna - May 29, 2012
- Beckinsale's dressing hassles - Dec 22, 2011
- I love Yoga: Jennifer Aniston - Jul 11, 2011
- I feel 'brand new' after losing 80 lbs: Hudson - Feb 12, 2011
- Von Teese slams smoking - May 14, 2012
- Emma Roberts ignores male fashion advice - Apr 15, 2011
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- I never get asked out: Heidi Range - Jun 26, 2012
- Aniston's dog dies - May 18, 2011
- Lawrence comfortable with nude scenes - Mar 16, 2012
- Khloe Kardashian never wanted to date a sportsman - May 22, 2011
- Anne Hathaway was arrogant when young - Aug 07, 2011
- Jennifer Garner plans to return to action genre - Aug 08, 2012
- Sigourney Weaver to play stripper on stage - Sep 21, 2010