Jennifer Aniston is cute, but I wouldn’t call her beautiful, says Joan CollinsOctober 12th, 2010 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 12 (ANI): Actress Joan Collins has launched a scathing attack on today’s Hollywood stars.
The Dynasty actress said now the public were ’starved of gorgeous people’ compared to the golden age of film, which was dominated by beauties such as Audrey Hepburn, Ava Gardner and Grace Kelly.
“When I was young, everybody on screen was gorgeous,” the Daily Mail quoted her as telling Hello magazine.
“I have to say, there aren’t that many good looking actresses around today. I mean, there’s Angelina Jolie and there’s… Angelina Jolie.
“Jennifer Aniston is cute, but I wouldn’t call her beautiful. She’s no Ava [Gardner] or Lana [Turner],” she added.
Collins, 77, also suggested that part of Cheryl Cole’s success and transformation into the nation’s sweetheart is down to the fact she is beautiful.
‘I think that is why Cheryl Cole is so popular, because she is just so pretty and the public are starved of gorgeous people,” she added. (ANI)
- Isabelle Adjani tops Time Magazine's beautiful women list - Feb 09, 2011
- Audrey Hepburn voted 'Most Beautiful Woman of 20th century - Jul 01, 2010
- Is Angelina Jolie A Mixture Of Elizabeth Taylor And Audrey Hepburn? - Dec 04, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor voted the 'Most photogenic Celebrity in the world' - Aug 24, 2011
- Cheryl Cole named 'Most Photogenic Woman Of All Time' - Jan 14, 2010
- Cheryl Cole to pen autobiography - Jul 07, 2012
- Collins happy with Hepburn comparison - Mar 27, 2012
- 77-yr-old Joan Collins reveals her beauty secrets - Nov 08, 2010
- Kate Winslet named 'Ultimate Natural Beauty' - Apr 21, 2009
- Winslet tops Ultimate Natural Beauty list - Apr 21, 2009
- Cheryl Cole voted most photogenic woman ever - Jan 16, 2010
- I want to see Angelina Jolie in my clothes: Klass - Jul 26, 2012
- Is Aniston friends with Jolie? - Feb 29, 2012
- Cole to meet boyfriend's family - Aug 29, 2012
- Hepburn's hairstyle named most influential ever - May 24, 2011
Tags: actress, actresses, angelina jolie, audrey hepburn, ava gardner, beauties, cheryl cole, collins london, daily mail, dynasty, grace kelly, hollywood, jennifer aniston, joan collins, lana turner, scathing attack, sweetheart, transformation