Jenkins pays tribute to Tsunami survivorsDecember 20th, 2011 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 20 (IANS) Singer Katherine Jenkins has recently met survivors of Japan’s earthquake and tsunami disasters.
The 29-year-old travelled to Sendai Monday to visit areas badly affected by the disaster. There she met school children and sang Christmas carols before helping them to plant a tree, reports contactmusic.com.
“A long but unforgettable day spent with two schools affected by the tsunami. Thanks for (sic) having me. I’ll b back when you are rebuilt & strong again,” Jenkins posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“The destruction… Most of what you can see are the foundations of where the houses were. So sad. Still so much to do but the children were an inspiration. Always amazes me how they bounce back,” she further posted.
- Michelle Williams battling flu - Dec 29, 2011
- Jenkins, Jones part ways - Dec 31, 2011
- Jenkins denies dating rumours - Mar 05, 2012
- 'Tsunami displayed the resilience of Indians' - Dec 27, 2011
- Gaga to gift unreleased songs to fans - Dec 23, 2011
- George Michael had 'different' Christmas - Dec 28, 2011
- Miley Cyrus injures back bone - Feb 01, 2012
- O'connor's marriage back on track - Jan 31, 2012
- Ranvir gets high on Big B's compliment - Dec 26, 2011
- Japan shaken: survivors look for missing kin, n-meltdown feared (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Japan royal couple visit tsunami-hit town Minamisanriku - Apr 27, 2011
- The rebirth of Japan's tsunami land - Mar 11, 2012
- Lily Allen unhappy with husband's drinking - Apr 15, 2012
- Bigelow to direct film on Osama death? - Jan 16, 2012
- Hurley has shoulder pain, resting - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: blogging, christmas, christmas carols, disaster, earthquake, foundations, inspiration, japan, katherine jenkins, london, tribute, tsunami, tsunami disasters, tsunami survivors, unforgettable day