Jenkins Katherine booed by campaigners for selling furDecember 29th, 2008 - 12:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 29 (ANI): Classical singer Katherine Jenkins was booed by animal rights activists for opening a winter sale at luxury London department store that sold fur.
The 28-year-old Welsh singer faced the fury of animal rights groups when she arrived at the luxury London department store Harrods to open the post-Christmas sales.
The campaigners took to the street outside and hurled abuse at Jenkins as she stepped down from a horse-drawn carriage to be met by the store’’s owner Mohamed Al Fayed.
They were seen shouting “Shame on Katherine”.
We are gathered here today because of our disgust at Ms. Jenkins who professes to be against animal cruelty and the fur trade,” Contactmusic quoted John Wilson, from the Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade, as telling the BBC.
Defending herself, Jenkins, who posed with puppies at the event, insists that she sticks by her anti-cruelty views
“Personally I do not eat meat or wear fur, but people are entitled to their opinions,” she said. (ANI)
- Opera singer booed by anti-fur protestors for opening Harrods sale - Dec 28, 2008
- West Hollywood To Promote As The Capital Of Fur-Free Fashion - Jan 26, 2011
- Animal rights groups want tongas to stay off Delhi roads - Jul 18, 2012
- PETA for banning horse drawn carriages in Mumbai (With Images) - Jun 13, 2012
- Animal rights groups step up campaign against horse carriages - Jun 14, 2012
- Uphold ban on horse-drawn carriages, says PETA - Sep 23, 2011
- Leona Lewis turns down 1 mn pounds because Harrods sells fur - Oct 10, 2008
- Hema Malini urges ban on Tamil Nadu's Jallikattu - Jul 01, 2011
- Zeenat Aman asks for ban on horse-drawn carriages - Jul 24, 2012
- Prince Harry, Beckham party together - Feb 05, 2012
- Mohammed Al Fayed sells iconic Harrod's for 1.5 billion pounds - May 08, 2010
- Jenkins, Jones part ways - Dec 31, 2011
- Zeenat Aman wants ban on horse-carriages in Mumbai - Jul 25, 2012
- Jenkins denies dating rumours - Mar 05, 2012
- Katherine Jenkins' onstage boob flash - Mar 14, 2010
Tags: animal cruelty, animal rights activists, animal rights groups, bbc, campaigners, christmas, classical singer, disgust, fur trade, harrods, horse drawn carriage, john wilson, katherine jenkins, london department store, mohamed, post christmas sales, puppies, shame, welsh singer