Jeff Hanson found deadJune 9th, 2009 - 1:29 am ICT by GD
Jeff Hanson has been found dead in his St. Paul house in Minnesota on Friday, June 5. The death has been reportedly caused by a fatal fall. St. Paul Star Tribune reports that he has “Likely died from a fall or other accident”. He was 31 years old at the time of his death.
The gentle voiced singer/songwriter of Kill Rock stars has had 3 releases till now in his career. His final album was released last August. The third and last album was titled “Madam Owl”. It was released on Kill Rocks Stars.
Hanson was a native of Wisconsin. Kill Rock Stars released an official statement saying that they were deeply saddened by the early and sudden demise of the singer. They described Hanson as an amazing artist, “a riotously funny person and a good friend. Everyone at Kill Rock Stars feels that we were privileged to put out his records. We will miss him tremendously. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.”
According to Star Tribune, Hanson’s death was likely from a fall on the hard concrete floored apartment. His sister Sara said Jeff Hanson had moved into his new apartment just few days earlier. His parents found him dead in his apartment.
He had recently completed a successful tour of the Scandinavian Island and West Coast with Chris Koza. He had a moderate fan following around the globe despite being in the seclusion of living in Minnesota. His music compositions were very lilting and soothing. His vocals could rightly match the high acoustics of the guitar.
- Drake releases 'Take Care' - Nov 15, 2011
- Slipknot's Paul Gray Is Dead! - May 25, 2010
- Jairam Ramesh gives a call for public awareness on owls in country - Nov 02, 2010
- Neil Diamond to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Dec 16, 2010
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
- Solomon Burke Passes Away - Oct 12, 2010
- Cuban singer to go on US tour in June - May 25, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra brings Caribbean rhythms to Chile - Oct 09, 2011
- Steven Tyler dismisses Aerosmith break up rumours - Jan 13, 2011
- Coldplay release their fifth album - Oct 24, 2011
- Mexican group's new album a hit - May 27, 2011
- Keys to launch new album at MTV Awards - Aug 26, 2012
- Danish musician looks at fusion with Bollywood (With Image) - Nov 08, 2009
- Juanes to record acoustic music special for MTV - Dec 07, 2011
- Neil Diamond To Release New Album In November - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: acoustics, chris koza, family and friends, few days, good friend, jeff hanson, kill rock stars, madam, music compositions, new apartment, owl, paul star tribune, scandinavian, seclusion, singer songwriter, sister sara, star tribune, statement saying that, sudden demise, west coast