Jaya aunty is the best, says Preity ZintaAugust 4th, 2008 - 10:19 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) Preity Zinta, who is accompanying the Bachchans for their Unforgettable tour, says she gets along with everyone in Bollywood’s first family, but shares a special bonding with Jaya Bachchan. The Unforgettable tour that kicked off last month has Amitabh, his son Abhishek, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai performing with other Bollywood stars. Although Jaya is not performing, she is accompanying the family on the tour.
“I knew I’d be comfortable with Amitji, Ash and Abhishek. I’ve always gotten along with them. I did the film ‘The Last Lear’ with Amitji. And we had a blast,” Preity told IANS.
“But my favourite is Jaya aunty. We bonded earlier during ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’. At that that we had gotten really close. Now it’s like old times again. Jaya Aunty is my favourite member of the Bachchan family. We get along so well,” she added.
Apparently, the two ladies take off on long walks and shopping sprees at every venue.
“Just the two of us. We love it!” said Preity.
Commenting upon her relationship with Aishwarya and Madhuri Dixit, she said: “Come on, it’s not hard to get along with Aishwarya and Madhuri, who joined us in the US. They’re two of the sweetest chicks I’ve worked with. And they’re as comfortable in their space as I am in mine. No rivalry, no looking anxiously over our shoulders.
“We’re all cool doing our own thing. And I’m sure I’d be the same when Shilpa Shetty joins us in London. I knew I’d be completely comfortable in present company. Otherwise, I’d never have agreed to come along.”
Her favourite act, Preity says generously, is Madhuri and Aishwarya’s “Dola re” song from “Devdas”.
“They’re awesome, breathtaking together. Absolutely paisa vasool! We all are, actually, ha ha… Riteish Deshmukh, who I’ve never worked with, is such a revelation on stage. He dances so well. And he’s such a cool guy.
“And Vishal and Shekhar are rock stars. In fact, the whole experience so far has been just amazing. I can’t wait to get along with the rest of the show,” said the actress who was also part of Shah Rukh Khan’s world tour Temptations.
However, the tour wasn’t without hiccups. After Amitabh, Preity too lost her luggage on arrival in Los Angeles just hours before she was to go on stage.
“Can you imagine my plight on de-boarding from the flight? So it’s not just Amitji whose world-tour experiences come with a baggage,” Preity puns perkily.
“I had a ‘wail’ of a time when I lost my baggage. To my horror the lost suitcase contained my precious golden gown. There was no way I could go on stage without wearing that gown. So I decided to get a replacement garment,” said the actress.
Then began Preity’s hunt in the shopping areas of LA for a designer who would stitch the lost gown.
“I finally found this place run by a guy called Mike. At first he was horrified. ‘How can I make a duplicate dress without a pattern, and that too in just hours?’ But you know me. I badgered, threatened, pleaded. It was done. I got my golden gown just in time,” said Preity
“All my Indian clothes for the concerts have been done by Neeta Lulla and Ruchika Pandey. I even get into an Anarkali dress and do a full on Indian number. So much for my Western image, ha!”
- Janet Jackson is her family's 'cool auntie' - Aug 03, 2010
- TV is so tiring: Preity Zinta (Movie Snippets) - Feb 11, 2011
- Bollywood celebs grace Riteish-Genelia reception - Feb 05, 2012
- For Bachchan, with love, from Bollywood - Oct 11, 2011
- Deepika Keeps A Promise To Herself In Cannes - May 17, 2010
- Tinie says he loves Dolly Parton's 'massive boobs' - Nov 22, 2010
- Deepika always wanted to wear saree at international do - May 17, 2010
- Bollywood movies give Holi songs a miss - Mar 05, 2012
- Bachchans give huge fillip to the 'girl child' in India - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Sarkar 3' on cards, sans Aishwarya - Apr 25, 2012
- Shabana, Jaya bond during crisis - Jul 25, 2012
- Amitabh-Jaya ring in 37th wedding anniversary - Jun 03, 2010
- Bachchans bring house down at 'Raavan' premiere in London (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Warm B-town welcome for Abhi-Ash's daugther - Nov 16, 2011
- 'Shahid not joining Ranbir for world tour' - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: aishwarya rai, amitji, aunty, bollywood stars, cool guy, devdas, dola, jaya bachchan, lear, long walks, madhuri dixit, preity zinta, present company, riteish deshmukh, rock stars, shilpa shetty, shopping sprees, subhash k jha, two ladies, vishal