Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Emimem among winners of 2011 Grammy AwardsFebruary 14th, 2011 - 2:09 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 14 (ANI): Rapper Jay-Z and R ‘n’ B singer Alicia Keys’ ‘Empire State of Mind’ won this year’s Grammy for Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.
Jay-Z, 41, also took the Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group statue for ‘On To the Next One’, a dual effort with Keys’ husband, Swizz Beats, the New York Daily News reported.
Rapper Emimem, 38, won the Best Rap Solo statue for his single ‘Not Afraid’.
John Legend and The Roots earned Best R ‘n’ B Song, Best R ‘n’ B album and Best Traditional R ‘n’ B Vocal Performance for songs associated with their joint CD of political anthems, ‘Wake Up!’
Lady Gaga won Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Best Short Form Music (both for ‘Bad Romance’), and Best Pop Vocal Album, for ‘The Fame Monster’.
Lady Antebellum also won three awards including Best Country Album, Best Country Song and Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group, all for ‘Need You Now’.
Blues-rock duo The Black Keys won Best Alternative Album, and classic-rock guitarist Jeff Beck won Best Pop Instrumental for his six-string interpretation of the opera classic ‘Nessum Dorma’ and Best Rock Instrumental Performance for his album ‘Hammerhead’.
The already Oscar-endorsed music for the film ‘Crazy Hearts’ won Best Compilation Soundtrack Album and Best Song Written for TV or a Movie, with the latter being for Ryan Bingham’s husky piece ‘The Weary Kind’.
Usher also snagged two prizes, including Best Contemporary R ‘n’ B Album, for his CD ‘Raymond V Raymond’, while Rihanna earned an early nod for Best Dance Recording for ‘Only Girl (In The World)’.
Rock legend Neil Young received his very first Grammy for music on Sunday night. He won Best Rock Song for ‘Angry World’.
Another first, ‘Baba Yetu’, became the first piece of music written for a video game ever to win a Grammy. It got Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocals. (ANI)
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Winners List - Feb 14, 2011
- List of top winners of 2011 Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2011
- Lady Gaga, Eminem bag top honours at Grammys (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2011
- The winners of 52nd Annual Grammy Awards - Feb 01, 2010
- Beyonce top winner at Grammy's with six awards (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2010
- Rihanna leaves manager Marc Jordan, joins Jay-Z - Oct 21, 2010
- Kanye West wins best rap song, album awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Camila Bags Three Awards At The Latin Grammys 2010 - Nov 12, 2010
- Adele wins Grammy for '21' - Feb 13, 2012
- Adele deserved every award: Gaga - Feb 14, 2012
- 38th American Music Awards Results Announced, Justin Bieber Wins 4 - Nov 22, 2010
- Grammy Awards Nominations For 2011: Return Of Eminem - Jan 07, 2011
- Robert Plant-Alison Krauss triumph Grammy''s with Album of the Year award - Feb 09, 2009
- Beyonce wins five as Grammy Awards open - Feb 01, 2010
Tags: b singer, b song, bad romance, country performance, crazy hearts, dual effort, emimem, grammy awards, instrumental arrangement, instrumental performance, jeff beck, lady gaga, nessum dorma, new york daily news, rap performance, rap solo, rap song, rock guitarist jeff, ryan bingham, vocal album