Jay-Z has become addicted to artJanuary 26th, 2009 - 7:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 26 (ANI): Inspired by his wife Beyonce, rapper Jay-Z has become addicted to art, and is even planning to showcase his collection once he is through with his singing career.
The hip-hop mogul has claimed that his collection is merely a high-brow hobby right now.
However, he is considering turning it into a profession after retiring from the music industry.
“Bey (Beyonce) is really into art and now I am too. I”m building a collection but at the moment I am just buying things I like and seeing where it takes me, the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
“I have a lot of pieces from Damien Hirst and Richard Price - they are incredible artists. Damien Hirst’’s Beat Life, Cheat Death piece was inspired by one of my songs, so that was cool.
“When I finally hang up the microphone I could even exhibit my own collection,” he added. (ANI)
- Beyonce, Jay-Z love modern art - Jan 25, 2009
- Baby girl born to Beyonce - Jan 08, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- Jay-Z compares Beyonce with MJ - Aug 16, 2011
- 'Messy' Beyonce working on being a neat person - Aug 21, 2010
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Jay-Z wants to hang out with daughter - May 16, 2012
- Beyonce, Jay-Z to organise Robbie Williams' wedding? - Jan 04, 2010
- Oprah to be Blue Ivy's Godmother - Jan 27, 2012
- Jay Z to open restaurant for charity - Jul 06, 2011
- Kanye West to design scarves - Apr 06, 2011
- Jay Electronica Becomes The Latest Member Of Jay-Z's Roc Nation Label - Nov 14, 2010
- Jay-Z signs Will Smith's daughter, Willow, to record label? - Sep 09, 2010
- Jay Z wants to be dad soon - Nov 28, 2009