Jay-Z claims ”hip-hop has improved race relations”March 12th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 12 (ANI): Jay-Z has said that hip-hop has improved race relations across America, claiming that white kids that idolise him and Snoop Dogg don”t become racists.
The rapper pointed out that the musical genre and its related culture is not looked down upon anymore, as youngsters dont feel the race divide at all.
“It has changed America immensely… Hip-hop has done more than any leader, politician, or anyone to improve race relations, Contactmusic quoted Jay-Z as saying.
“Racism is taught in the home… and it’’s very hard to teach racism to a teenager who idolises, say, Snoop Dogg. It’’s hard to say, ”That guy is less than you.” The kid is like, ”I like that guy, he’’s cool. How is he less than me?”
“That’’s why this generation is the least racist generation ever. You see it all the time. Go to any club. People are intermingling, hanging out, enjoying the same music,” he added. (ANI)
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Snoop Dogg turns down 'X Factor' - Apr 05, 2011
- Snoop Dogg needs weed for inspiration - Aug 06, 2012
- Snoop Dogg plans to launch talent show - May 19, 2011
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Jay-Z compares Beyonce with MJ - Aug 16, 2011
- Hip hop has become mellow: Jay-Z - Oct 02, 2011
- Footballer Ashley Cole plans to make music - May 02, 2011
- Jay –Z Taps UK Rap Market With K.Koke For Roc Nation - Jan 18, 2011
- Beckham offered rap lessons by Snoop Dogg - Apr 21, 2010
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- Snoop Dogg under fire for promoting new fruity alcoholic drink 'Blast' - Apr 23, 2011
- Jay-Z signs Will Smith's daughter, Willow, to record label? - Sep 09, 2010
- Jay Z to open restaurant for charity - Jul 06, 2011