Jay Leno hospitalizedApril 24th, 2009 - 4:58 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The ‘Tonight Show’ anchor, Jay Leno had been hospitalized with an undisclosed illness. ‘Tonight’ show, taping had been cancelled but was doing well and planned to return next week, his publicist and NBC said.
Leno left his office at NBC’s studios about midday and checked himself into a hospital for observation, said his publicist, Dick Guttman. He would not identify what ailed Leno, but characterised it as ‘mild’ and said the comedian continued to work on Thursday, making phone calls and writing jokes.
The network planned to air a rerun of the show Thursday night.
Scheduled guests were ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ actor Ryan Reynolds, celebrity animal trainer Jules Sylvester and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Leno, who turns 59 on Tuesday, will leave the ‘Tonight’ show May 29 after 17 years. But he will continue on NBC, with a Monday-through-Friday programme, starting in the fall.
- What ails Jay Leno? - Apr 24, 2009
- Jay Leno being criticized for his comments on India's Golden Temple - Jan 23, 2012
- Leno's 'Tonight Show' Ratings Below Conan's: Worst Summer Ever - Sep 07, 2010
- US comedian Jay Leno sued over Golden Temple joke - Jan 26, 2012
- Jay Leno to return to 'The Tonight Show'? - Jan 16, 2010
- The Ratings Of 'The Tonight Show' Have Been Far From Impressive This Summer - Sep 07, 2010
- Conan O'Brien Criticizes Jay Leno Over 'The Tonight Show' Mess - May 03, 2010
- Sikh group seeks apology from Jay Leno for Golden Temple remark - Jan 25, 2012
- Jay Leno wins the ratings on late night return - Mar 03, 2010
- Leno Raises $100,000 For The Gulf Coast Community Affected By Oil Spill - Aug 23, 2010
- I loved suit Gangwani made for me: Jay Leno (With Image) - May 30, 2012
- NBC: Jay Leno not trying to take over 'The Tonight Show' - Jan 15, 2010
- India, US Sikh group object to Golden Temple comments - Jan 25, 2012
- Jay Leno's back home after 24 hours in hospital - Apr 27, 2009
- Jay Leno Talks About NBC Late Night Shuffle On Oprah Interview - Jan 29, 2010
Tags: 17 years, animal trainer, bad voodoo daddy, big bad voodoo daddy, comedian, dick guttman, jay leno, jules sylvester, midday, monday through friday, nbc, publicist, rerun, ryan reynolds, thursday night, tonight show, undisclosed illness, wolverine, writing jokes, x men