Janet Jackson, Jermaine Dupri open up about marriageNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:02 am ICT by admin
The 41-year-old agreed that marriage is ‘definitely a work in progress’.
“I didn’t really take anything from my personal marriages. But from experience, and even from doing this film, it makes me realize that marriage is definitely a work in progress … But if it’s something you really want and the love is there, you will put in the work in time,’ People magazine quoted her, as saying.
When asked if the absence of nuptials has made their relationship successful, Dupri said that he doesn’t give much importance to marriage.
“The altar is like a party for your marriage. That is how I look at it,” he said.
“I don’t think marriage itself even matters. I think people put too much importance on labels when it comes to marriage. Nothing changes when you go to the altar … If you’re with somebody, you’re with somebody,’ he said.
The 35-year-old also said that distance can really make a lot of difference to a relationship.
“You don’t like being away from a person you like being with all the time. That’s kind of hard,” he said. (ANI)
- Janet Jackson is not engaged - Oct 26, 2010
- Janet Jackson confirms split with beau - Nov 19, 2009
- Wissam Al Mana The New Beau Of Janet Jackson - Sep 24, 2010
- No more albums of Janet Jackson: Producer - May 05, 2010
- Janet Jackson confirms Dupri split - Sep 10, 2009
- Janet Jackson's beau refuses to confirm or deny wedding rumours - Nov 10, 2009
- Janet Jackson denies getting back with ex beau Jermaine Dupri - Nov 18, 2009
- Janet Jackson dismisses wedding rumours - Oct 26, 2010
- Janet Jackson used anger at MJ's death for movie scene - Mar 20, 2010
- Is Wissam Al Mana going to get engaged with Janet Jackson? - Sep 24, 2010
- Jackson found her new love interest? - May 16, 2010
- Janet Jackson back with Jermaine Dupri? - Oct 01, 2009
- MJ's mother missing? - Jul 23, 2012
- You've got to love yourself first: Lopez - Oct 28, 2011
- Michael died of toxic poisoning, says Jermaine Jackson - Sep 17, 2011