Janet Jackson Faces Rage For Her Fur CampaignJuly 30th, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Janet Jackson has sparked a new controversy owing to her recent ad for luxury fur label Blackglama. The singer is seen flaunting a fur coat and this triggered criticisms from the PETA activists who are disappointed at the singer with the whole issue. Moreover, it is not only the ad that’s creating the controversy, but also the caption of the ad that reads “What Becomes A Legend Most?”.
The hot bombshell Pamela Anderson, who is also a PETA activist and has currently featured on one of PETA’s ads criticized Janet Jackson’s ad campaign by saying that the singer is “greedy” to have accepted the ad that promotes fur. The “Playboy” girl also added that she is disappointed to see that the lady who spoke against fur before would land up in one of the advertises of fur campaign. She said that she can not tell why some people stop listening to their hearts. Pamella Anderson said that this incident is really “sad” as according to her this shows how some people can really get greedy.
Dan Mathews, Senior Vice President of PETA issued a statement directing Janet Jackson where he questioned her controversial choice. The statement read that Dan Mathews and Janet Jackson spoke about the fur issue before. The ‘Why Did I Get Married?” star told Dan Mathews previously that she was always exasperated at photo shoots when stylists would try to throw on fur on her and she even used to hate wearing false fur out of concern that it might actually be real or look real at the photos and send wrong message to the viewers.
- Janet Jackson Poses For Blackglama & Fuels Fur Controversy - Jul 31, 2010
- 'Disappointed' Pammie calls Janet Jackson 'greedy' over fur campaign - Jul 28, 2010
- PETA upset with Janet's BlackGlama campaign - Jul 17, 2010
- Janet Jackson's BlackGlama campaign upsets PETA - Jul 17, 2010
- Janet Jackson upsets PETA after becoming the face of the fur firm BlackGlama - Jul 17, 2010
- Pammy's hot body-baring PETA ad banned in Canada - Jul 16, 2010
- Will Pamela Anderson's sex appeal help pass anti-fur law in Israel? - Nov 08, 2010
- PETA condemns Kim Kardashian - Nov 17, 2010
- Kim Kardashian wears 2 fur coats in one day, angers PETA - Nov 17, 2010
- Karl Lagerfeld's cat launches her own Twitter account - Jun 07, 2012
- Pamela Anderson promotes ban on seal fur - Apr 22, 2012
- Carla Bruni-Sarkozy claims she wears fake furs - Jun 11, 2009
- Lady Gaga invited to pose nude for PETA - Aug 11, 2009
- Kanye West angers PETA with song - Apr 07, 2012
- PETA calls Diane Kruger's fur photo shoot 'vulgar' and 'pretentious' - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,