Jane Fonda’’s anti-war documentary set for DVD releaseFebruary 13th, 2009 - 6:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 13 (ANI): Jane Fondas controversial documentary, which opposes the Vietnam War, is all set for a DVD releaseafter 37 years of being pulled down from cinemas and withdrawn from circulation.
In the 1960s, the actress emerged as a prominent political activist, as she raised her voice against the long-running American conflict in the Southeast Asian country.
For her protest, she teamed up with Donald Sutherland and Fred Gardner in 1970 to form the FTA (Free The Army) tour, an anti-war road show, reports the Daily Star.
And their protests were then filmed for the documentary, which hit the cinemas in 1972, the same week Fonda made a controversial trip to Hanoi, North Vietnam, visiting opposition forces.
In just a week after its release, the film was pulled from theatres, and director Francine Parker said that it was the White House that made the movie “disappear”.
However, the film will now be available to watch for the first time since its limited release.
But a New York Post report suggests that Docudrama Films is planning to release it in a DVD format later this year. (ANI)
- Jane Fonda relives her youthful days as peace protester on new film set - Jul 27, 2010
- Jane Fonda To Relive Her Protester Days In New Film As Hippie Granny - Jul 28, 2010
- Only documentaries reflect the truth: Naseeruddin Shah - Aug 23, 2012
- At 72, Jane Fonda set to launch workout DVD - Jan 26, 2010
- Jane Fonda Admits Of Undergoing Plastic Surgery - Sep 09, 2010
- Fonda to receive fitness award - Oct 04, 2011
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- Jane Fonda returns to French cinema - Jul 09, 2010
- Peter Fonda weds Margaret 'Parky' DeVogelaere - Jun 21, 2011
- Jane Fonda''s Broadway comeback show marred by Vietnam veterans protest - Feb 25, 2009
- Jane Fonda gets Parisian honour - Jun 12, 2010
- Donald Sutherland honored in France - Jun 11, 2012
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man' poorly executed reboot (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 30, 2012
- A documentary hits Indian theatres - and it's not a joke - Apr 07, 2010
- Amazing Spider-Man trailer released - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: 37 years, american conflict, army tour, controversial documentary, controversial trip, daily star, docudrama, donald sutherland, fred gardner, jane fonda, jane fondas, london feb, new york post, north vietnam, opposition forces, political activist, release london, southeast asian country, vietnam war, war documentary