Jamie Foxx slapped with lawsuit by bartender over party injuriesApril 22nd, 2009 - 5:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 22 (ANI): Jamie Foxx has been sued by a bartender for ruining his ambitions to become a brain surgeon following the injuries he suffered while working at a party thrown by the actor.
The Ray star had organised a lavish bash at Social in Hollywood in 2007, where he hired William Presler to work behind the bar, made completely of ice, reports Contactmusic.
According to TMZ.com, in the papers filed at Los Angeles Superior Court, Presler claims that the guests at the event continually dropped their empty glasses around the bar.
He tried to sweep up the shattered glass, but was told to leave it by his manager.
The bar worker subsequently slipped and cut himself - requiring 170 stitches in his left hand in a bid to repair a severed nerves.
Presler, who was due to start a medical degree, says that he has been forced to abandon his ambitions to become a neuroscientist because of his injured hand. (ANI)
- Katie Price: 'I did not snog Jamie Foxx' - Mar 07, 2011
- Jamie Foxx has a fist fight at the Usher concert - Feb 12, 2011
- Paris Hilton's brother under arrest - Jul 28, 2012
- Lopez files case against driver for extortion - Aug 08, 2012
- Leonardo DiCaprio 'flirts at Maxim Hot 100 party' - May 21, 2010
- Sage's death may have drug link? - Jul 20, 2012
- Jay Z's private jet lawsuit dismissed - Feb 07, 2012
- Kutcher joins child porn clean-up drive - Mar 05, 2012
- Bell faces lawsuit - Aug 27, 2012
- Nicolas Cage sued over pay dispute - Jul 01, 2011
- Katie Price 'flirted with Jamie Foxx' before netting Argentinean model - Mar 06, 2011
- Doctors join severed hand in rare operation - Jul 24, 2011
- Bartending: New opportunities in the hospitality industry - Sep 06, 2012
- Britney's dad moves court for money? - Jun 16, 2011
- Brand to give Perry their $6.5 mn marital home - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: ambitions, angeles superior court, bartender, brain surgeon, empty glasses, hollywood, jamie foxx, left hand, los angeles superior court, medical degree, nerves, neuroscientist, presler, shattered glass, stitches