Jamie Foxx lends his voice to the homelessApril 28th, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 28 (ANI): American actor Jamie Foxx has decided to reach out to the homeless kids across America by recording a message for a crisis telephone helpline.
Foxx, 41, who stars as a mentally challenged musician who becomes destitute in new movie ‘The Soloist’, recorded an inspiring message for Nineline as part of a social action campaign for the film.
The hotline, established by Covenant House, a social services organisation working with displaced youths in the U.S., had received more than 45,000 calls from at-risk kids last year.
And Covenant House President Kevin Ryan is convinced Foxx’s charitable gesture will help several at-risk youngsters get through difficult times.
“Now kids in crisis will not only hear a reassuring voice but a well-known, positive role model,” the Daily Star quoted Ryan as saying.
“I’m convinced that hearing Jamie’s voice will be the difference for kids who might otherwise get scared and hang up before we can help. This is a tremendous gift to our kids,” he added. (ANI)
- Phone sex number distributed as voter helpline no - May 05, 2011
- Foxx to replace Smith in 'Django Unchained'? - Jun 25, 2011
- Theron auctions off date for charity - Dec 08, 2010
- Friendless kids risk spiraling into depression by adolescence: Study - Dec 17, 2010
- Katie Price: 'I did not snog Jamie Foxx' - Mar 07, 2011
- Poor behavior students 'not always poor in academics' - Mar 30, 2011
- Adolescent stress 'linked to mood disorders in adulthood' - Nov 04, 2010
- Jamie Foxx Admits Stalking Nathaniel Ayers To Play Him - Jan 03, 2010
- Chinese teenage helpline swamped with sex queries - Dec 05, 2010
- Jamie Foxx's upcoming album not in trouble - May 01, 2010
- Over one in 10 nuke plants worldwide can be hit by natural disasters - Apr 03, 2011
- Chandigarh's elderly bank on 100 in times of trouble - Jan 06, 2012
- Delhi hosts fest for HIV vulnerable communities - Dec 15, 2009
- '20 million orphaned children in India' - May 15, 2012
- Poor behaviour doesn't always lead to poor grades - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: action campaign, american actor, covenant house, daily star, difficult times, gesture, homeless kids, inspiring message, jamie foxx, kevin ryan, kids across america, london, musician, nineline, positive role model, president kevin, risk kids, social services, soloist, youngsters