James McAvoy wants to play Elton JohnFebruary 6th, 2011 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 6 (ANI): James McAvoy is apparently keen to play Elton John in a movie about the singer’s outrageous life.
The 63-year-old Rocket Man has declared he is making a film about his rock ‘n roll years.
The Mamma Mia-style musical is being written by the writer behind the hit film Billy Elliot, reports the Daily Express.
“I can play piano and if you’ve not found that person to play you at the age of 31, I’m here,” McAvoy said.
Elton said: “James could do it and he’s already offered. I’d just like to make a really great film about my life story.
“We have a great script already by Lee Hall who wrote Billy Elliot. Obviously it’s not going to be your normal run-of-the-mill film because my life has been kind of crazy, and I think it’s important to do a surrealistic take on my life. I’d love to do that. This business is so incredible,” he added. (ANI)
- John wants Mcavoy to play him in biopic - Feb 07, 2011
- Elton John to make a crazy, wild biopic - Jan 24, 2011
- 3D movies waste of money: James McAvoy - Jun 18, 2011
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- Elton John wants Downey Jr. to play his role in biopic - Feb 02, 2011
- James McAvoy taking a break from films - Apr 12, 2010
- Duff named best actress at British film awards - Feb 09, 2010
- Elton John want Timberlake for his biopic - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Gnomeo And Juliet' will delight both kids, adults (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 18, 2011
- James McAvoy won't move for work - May 08, 2011
- Angelina Jolie signed 'Wanted' because of James McAvoy - Aug 13, 2010
- Kristen Stewart to replace Angelina Jolie in 'Wanted' sequel? - Jun 19, 2010
- James McAvoy to star in 'Trance' - Jun 25, 2011
- James McAvoy 'intimidated' by wife's acting skills - Feb 18, 2010
- James McAvoy's charming ways - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: daily express, elton john, film billy elliot, james mcavoy, john london, london feb, love, mamma mia, mill film, outrageous life, rock n roll, rock n roll years, rocket man, shy person, style musical, surrealistic