James Franco was unhappy with Oscar scriptJuly 12th, 2011 - 5:29 am ICT by IANS
London, July 12 (IANS) Actor James Franco has criticised the script of this year’s Oscars, saying he was unhappy with the material given to him while hosting the awards ceremony.
The “127 Hours” actor was criticised for his performance when he co-hosted the prestigious ceremony with Anne Hathaway and he says it was largely due to the fact he was unhappy with the sketches he was given to perform, reports contactmusic.com.
“It’s hard to talk about because it’s like assigning blame - not a fun thing to do. For three or four weeks we shot the promos and the little film that played in the opening,” Franco told Playboy magazine.
“In the last week, when we really started focusing on the script for the live show and did a run-through, I said to the producer, ‘I don’t know why you hired me, because you haven’t given me anything. I just don’t think this stuff’s going to be good.’
“I felt kind of trapped in that material. I felt, ‘This is not my boat. I’m just a passenger, but I’m going down and there’s no way out’.”
Franco didn’t like the part where he was asked to dress up as Marilyn Monroe, but he decided not to “fight” the material he had been given because there were already too many people involved in the writing process.
“I just didn’t want to fight anymore, even when they said, ‘You’ll come out as Marilyn Monroe. It’ll be funny.’ … I just didn’t want to argue anymore. I was going with their programme,” he said
“I wanted to do the material they gave me, not be one of the many cooks doing the writing.”
“There were a lot of cooks who shouldn’t have been cooking but were allowed to. There were some cooks my manager tried to bring in, like Judd Apatow, who wrote some very funny stuff that wasn’t used.”
- Before 'Bridesmaids', Wiig was clueless about screenwriting - Jun 20, 2011
- Depp bought Monroe's shoes for girlfriend - Jul 10, 2010
- How Mae West's 'bad and bold attitude turned her into a sex icon' - Nov 07, 2010
- Wahlberg feels humour in 'Ted' may offend people - Jul 09, 2012
- New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe's death - Apr 27, 2011
- Hilton doesn't copy style! - Jul 09, 2011
- Monroe's nude pictures surface - Jun 04, 2012
- Action scenes in 'The Green Hornet' terrified comedian Seth Rogen - Jan 11, 2011
- Dumped husband Kevin Fiore smashes up his marital house - Jul 25, 2012
- Robbie Williams opts out of Olympic ceremony - Jul 03, 2012
- 'My Week With Marilyn' - layered, poignant (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 26, 2012
- 'Dil Toh Baccha...' more challenging than '3 Idiots': Omi Vaidya - Jan 01, 2011
- Sheen doesn't believe in rehab - Jun 27, 2012
- Michelle Williams speaks about playing Marilyn Monroe in new movie - Nov 26, 2010
- Reinstated Terry says Capello was wrong to take England captaincy from him - Mar 23, 2011