James Franco was a cologne thief as a kid!December 25th, 2008 - 5:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 25 (ANI): Hollywood actor James Franco has candidly revealed that as a kid he used to steal perfumes from departmental shops to earn extra pocket money.
The Knocked Up actor revealed that when he was in eighth grade, he used whip perfumes with his gang of friends from cosmetic counters.
Ironically, today Franco is the face of Gucci fragrances.
“I don”t know how it happened by somehow I got into stealing cologne. It’’s kind of ironic now. We would go into department stores and they had the testers out there, we were looking for a bit of excitement, The Daily Express quoted Franco, as telling Jay Leno on his talk show.
“We had our cologne stealing ring. We would chat up the cologne attendant and then the other would swipe the bottle. We accumulated a huge stash, we would keep it in our lockers. We were in either grade so we”d sell it to the seventh graders, we would sell it for 15 dollars - I think it cost about 25 in the shops, Franco added. (ANI)
- James Franco stole cologne bottles and sold them in junior high - Dec 06, 2010
- Blake Lively new face of Gucci - Jun 24, 2012
- Madonna plans second perfume - Apr 18, 2012
- I'd gift my perfume to Deepika, Ranbir: Arjun Rampal - Jan 13, 2012
- Halle Berry ready to launch her third fragrance - Jun 05, 2010
- Timberlake launches fragrance for 'real' women - Nov 17, 2010
- Elixir will reveal my sensuous side: Shakira - Jul 14, 2012
- Gerard Butler wants to launch fragrance line - Nov 21, 2009
- Von Teese proud of her debut perfume - Jul 30, 2011
- Tulisa launches her fragrance - 'Female Boss' - Oct 27, 2011
- Arjun Rampal's perfume to be launched Jan 12 - Jan 07, 2012
- Want to have my own fragrance: Cheryl - Nov 12, 2011
- Beyonce's perfume hits $3 million in sales - Mar 18, 2010
- US Company launches world's first bacon-scented cologne - Apr 09, 2011
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom's near naked writhe for new fragrance ad - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: actor james, cologne, daily express, dec 25, department stores, eighth grade, excitement, gucci fragrances, hollywood, hollywood actor, james franco, jay leno, lockers, london, perfumes, pocket money, swipe, talk show, thief, whip