James Franco sued by former teacherSeptember 6th, 2012 - 3:16 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 6 (IANS) Actor James Franco has been hit with a lawsuit by his former university lecturer in an ongoing legal dispute.
Jose Angel Santana took court action last year against New York University, alleging he was unfairly dismissed from his job after giving Franco a ‘D’ grade for cutting class.
Now he has lodged papers at Manhattan Supreme Court against the actor himself, demanding unspecified damages following comments Franco made in April about his time at the university, reports contactmusic.com.
“I didn’t deserve to be on the receiving end of those falsehoods. I was outraged that someone with his attendance record at Nyu had the audacity to make those statements,” Santana told the New York Post.
- James Franco to teach film course at NYU - Mar 30, 2011
- Ex-US President Carter sued for five million dollars over falsehoods in 'Palestine' book - Feb 02, 2011
- James Franco turns lecturer - Jul 21, 2010
- Ex-waitresses sue Sin City strip club over sexual abuse - Jul 30, 2010
- Rajat Gupta asks US judge to hear his suit - Apr 13, 2011
- 'Nikita' lawsuit meritless: Elton John - Apr 28, 2012
- US sues Apple, publishers over e-book pricing - Apr 12, 2012
- Facing lawsuit, BlackBerry rebuts investor charges - May 28, 2011
- It's splitsville for Franco, O'Reilly - Jul 21, 2011
- Flash mob greets Imran at New York University - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: actor james, angel santana, attendance record, audacity, cutting class, damages, james franco, job, jose angel, legal dispute, london, manhattan, new york post, new york university, nyu, supreme court, university lecturer