James Cameron Wishes People To Explore MarsAugust 19th, 2010 - 10:30 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 19, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The acclaimed filmmaker, James Cameron, is busy working in collaboration with NASA to build a 3D camera for adventures on Mars.
The Hollywood filmmaker has plans to start a 3D remake of his own Titanic movie next to the success of his big-budgeted cinematic venture, Avatar. However, James Cameron wants people to make a trip to the Red Planet. On the one hand, the director is enthusiastic enough to send common people on a journey to Mars, and on the other, he is disappointed to see ordinary people’s disinterest in exploring the earth’s neighboring planet.
According to the veteran director, space exploration should be encouraged more and funding wars is absolutely unnecessary. In a statement to the media, Cameron rues that fact that people are no longer enthusiastic about discovering new things. He added that his sole purpose of making such sci-fi movies as Aliens, Terminator, and Avatar, is to boost people’s interest in exploration. He said that it is pointless to spend on futile wars in the Middle East to fuel the nation’s oil addiction. His wish to send people to Mars is alone not enough. The national will and budget also matter to the actualization of such projects.
– Sampurn Wire
- Cameron wants people to visit Mars - Aug 18, 2010
- James Cameron to help in Chinese 3D film - Apr 22, 2012
- James Cameron's Martian dreams - Aug 18, 2010
- Avatar 2 To Be Released In December 2014 - Oct 29, 2010
- Bollywood and Hollywood shell out big monies - Nov 11, 2009
- Cameron hit by lawsuit again over 'Avatar' - Dec 20, 2011
- With a budget of Rs 1200 crores, James Cameron's 'AVATAR' is the biggest film ever! - Nov 04, 2009
- Moviemaking about ideas, not equipment: James Cameron (Interview) - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Titanic 3D' more magnificent after 15 years (IANS Movie) - Apr 06, 2012
- Cameron's 'Avatar' the costliest film at $230 mn (With Images) - Nov 05, 2009
- James Cameron Says Filmmaking Is About Absorbing Storytelling - Jan 17, 2011
- Cameron penning 'Avatar' Bible - Dec 21, 2010
- James Cameron Plans His Next! - Nov 02, 2010
- Cameron tapped for China's 3D film - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Avatar' sequel to explore Pandora's oceans - Aug 17, 2010
Tags: 3d camera, actualization, addiction, aliens, august 19, common people, disinterest, fact that people, hollywood filmmaker, james cameron, journey to mars, nasa, ordinary people, red planet, sci fi movies, sole purpose, space exploration, terminator, titanic movie, veteran director