James Cameron to write scripts for two ‘Avatar’ sequelsOctober 28th, 2010 - 2:09 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 28 (ANI): Director James Cameron will start writing the scripts for two ‘Avatar’ sequels early next year.
Executives at 20th Century Fox announced Wednesday that Cameron has settled on two sequels to the blockbuster hit as his next film projects with plans to begin production in late 2011, reports Fox News.
The studio hopes to have the first of the as-yet-untitled sequels in theaters in December 2014, with the third movie in the franchise following in December 2015.
Cameron will decide whether to shoot the films back-to-back after he completes the scripts for the sequels to his sci-fi sensation.
“In the second and third films, which will be self-contained stories that also fulfill a greater story arc, we will not back off the throttle of `Avatar’s’ visual and emotional horsepower, and will continue to explore its themes and characters, which touched the hearts of audiences in all cultures around the world,” Cameron said in a news release.
“I’m looking forward to returning to Pandora, a world where our imaginations can run wild,” he added.
Cameron had been up in the air on what he would do next, telling reporters as recently as last week that he had not decided whether to shoot another film before returning to his “Avatar” saga. (ANI)
- James Cameron announces his next projects: Avatar 2 & 3 - Oct 27, 2010
- James Cameron Plans His Next! - Nov 02, 2010
- Cameron planning 'Avatar' prequel - Sep 10, 2012
- Avatar 2 To Be Released In December 2014 - Oct 29, 2010
- Is Cameron planning to shoot 'Avatar' sequels in Wellington? - Oct 29, 2010
- James Cameron and FOX to Create Avatar 2 & 3 - Oct 27, 2010
- The Sequel of Avatar In The Process Of Visualization - Apr 22, 2010
- Will Smith to do two sequels to 'Independence Day' - Mar 30, 2010
- Cameron hit by lawsuit again over 'Avatar' - Dec 20, 2011
- Cameron penning 'Avatar' Bible - Dec 21, 2010
- James Cameron to help in Chinese 3D film - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Matrix' fourth and fifth to be in 3D: Keanu Reeves - Jan 25, 2011
- Cameron moves to dismiss 'Avatar' lawsuit - Jul 17, 2012
- James Cameron: Avatar Sequels Will Hit Theaters In 2014 And 2015 - Jan 25, 2011
- 'Avatar' to be re-released with extra footage Aug 27 - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: 20th century fox, audiences, avatar, blockbuster, cultures around the world, director james cameron, film projects, fox news, franchise, horsepower, imaginations, james cameron, news release, pandora, saga, sci fi, sensation, sequels, story arc, theaters