James Cameron sued over power outageJune 2nd, 2009 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 2 (ANI): Canadian director James Cameron is said to be facing a lawsuit after one of his employees crashed a car into an electricity pole, causing a three-day power outage.
Cameron, 54, has been named in the lawsuit from bosses at U.S. based Western General Insurance Company, reports the Daily Express.
They claimed in the suit papers that the Oscar-winning director’s staff member, Oscar Escalante, cost them three days of business after the crash.
Escalante, who had been driving a car registered to Cameron’s home address during the accident, has also been named in the legal papers.
According to TMZ.com, both men are being sued for negligence, with company bosses claiming they lost almost 125,000 dollars while engineers struggled to restore the power supply. (ANI)
- Jay Z's private jet lawsuit dismissed - Feb 07, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan sued by photographer - Jan 11, 2012
- Hilary Swank sues home-audio firm - May 15, 2012
- Actress Nancy Cartwright sued over her fiance's debt - Sep 23, 2010
- Zac Efron sued after 3yrs for causing car crash - Aug 12, 2009
- Osbourne sued over jewellery designs - Feb 05, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez sued by ex-driver - May 01, 2012
- Britney agrees to pay to end lawsuit - Feb 18, 2012
- Eva Longoria, Tony Parker sued over BMW collision - Oct 27, 2010
- Jay- Z faces legal action over private flights - Jun 23, 2010
- Paris Hilton's parents face royalties lawsuit - Apr 28, 2010
- Wrestler Hulk Hogan Sues Car Insurance Company - Apr 23, 2010
- Cameron moves to dismiss 'Avatar' lawsuit - Jul 17, 2012
- Courtney Love in legal trouble - Jun 27, 2012
- Elton John sued over 'Nikita' - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: canadian director, company bosses, crash, daily express, director james cameron, driving a car, electricity pole, escalante, general insurance company, home address, insurance, james cameron, london, negligence, power outage, power supply, staff member