James Cameron Plans His Next!November 2nd, 2010 - 4:47 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
November 2, 2010 (Showbiz PR Wire): Oscar winning director James Cameron who introduced audiences the world over to the enchanting world of Pandora has just given his fans another reason to rejoice! Confirming speculations, the director has announced that his next projects will be ‘Avatar 2’ and ‘Avatar 3’.
The avant-garde director, writer and producer will follow his history-making and revolutionary motion picture event with two films that will continue the mythology of the world he created. He is likely to begin work on the scripts early next year with an eye towards commencing production later in 2011.
Cameron will decide if he will shoot the films back to back only after completing the scripts. The release of the yet untitled sequels is targeted towards December 2014 and December 2015 respectively.
The director who has always viewed Avatar as the creation of a new world and mythology commented “It is a rare and remarkable opportunity when a filmmaker gets to build a fantasy world, and watch it grow, with the resources and partnership of a global media company. AVATAR was conceived as an epic work of fantasy - a world that audiences could visit, across all media platforms, and this moment marks the launch of the next phase of that world. With two new films on the drawing boards, my company and I are embarking on an epic journey with our partners at Twentieth Century Fox. Our goal is to meet and exceed the global audience’s expectations for the richness of AVATAR’s visual world and the power of the storytelling. In the second and third films, which will be self contained stories that also fulfill a greater story arc, we will not back off the throttle of AVATAR’s visual and emotional horsepower, and will continue to explore its themes and characters, which touched the hearts of audiences in all cultures around the world. I’m looking forward to returning to Pandora, a world where our imaginations can run wild.”
Fox Filmed Entertainment Chairmen Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman remarked, “AVATAR is not only the highest grossing movie of all time, it is a created universe based on the singular imagination and daring of James Cameron, who also raised the consciousness of people worldwide to some of the greatest issues facing our planet. We had no higher priority, and can feel no greater joy, than enabling Jim to continue and expand his vision of the world of AVATAR.”
This piece of news sure spells excitement for cine-goers across the world who can’t get enough of Pandora!
(A division of Parag Desai Media Group)
–Showbiz PR Wire
- James Cameron announces his next projects: Avatar 2 & 3 - Oct 27, 2010
- James Cameron to write scripts for two 'Avatar' sequels - Oct 28, 2010
- Avatar 2 To Be Released In December 2014 - Oct 29, 2010
- Golmaal 3 Team Celebrates Diwali! - Nov 06, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth "Shed Tears" At Narnia Film Ending: Neeson - Dec 06, 2010
- Kajol To Share Screen With Tanuja - Nov 17, 2010
- Narnia 3 Filled With Spectacular Visual Effects! - Dec 01, 2010
- Is Cameron planning to shoot 'Avatar' sequels in Wellington? - Oct 29, 2010
- Akshaye Khanna Seduces Anil Kapoor - Nov 15, 2010
- Mugdha's Having Sleepless Nights! - Nov 09, 2010
- Ramayana –The Epic Opens To Rave Reviews - Oct 18, 2010
- James Cameron and FOX to Create Avatar 2 & 3 - Oct 27, 2010
- Bollywood picks Avatar as one of the top movies of 2009! - Dec 30, 2009
- Eros International Announces The World-wide Release Of Anil Kapoor Film Company’s 'NO ... - Oct 27, 2010
- Vikram Bhatt Makes India's First Stereoscopic 3D film – Haunted - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: creation of a new world, cultures around the world, director james cameron, drawing boards, enchanting world, epic journey, fantasy world, fox filmed entertainment, global audience, global media company, james cameron, media platforms, new films, pr wire, remarkable opportunity, speculations, story arc, twentieth century fox, two films, wild fox