James Cameron: Avatar Sequels Will Hit Theaters In 2014 And 2015January 25th, 2011 - 4:37 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Director James Cameron has often spoken of his desire to make an Avatar trilogy and it appears that now his plans are finding a place on the paper. Avatar had raked in big money at the global box office and it overtook Titanic to become the world’s highest grossing cinema.
And now Cameron intends to make the sequels and he has stated that the sequels will be hitting theaters on Christmas 2014 and 2015. This Saturday at the Producer’s Guild Award (PGA), Cameron professed his thoughts and plans about the Avatar sequels.
Cameron stated that he is in the process of penning down the next two Avatar films. He also informed that they are planning to shoot both the films together and the films would be released, in all probability, within a year gap.
Though, the films shall be shot together, they won’t be releasing them back to back but at about a year’s gap. As per the current plan, Cameron remarked that Christmas 2014 and 2015 are the probable dates.
Cameron also stated that the audience would get to see some of the familiar faces in the subsequent flicks. He also cited that a certain percentage of the Avatar sequels’ earnings would be going to the charity.
- James Cameron plans to release 'Avatar' sequels in 2014 and 2015 - Jan 25, 2011
- James Cameron to write scripts for two 'Avatar' sequels - Oct 28, 2010
- Producers Guild of America to honour James Cameron - Sep 23, 2010
- James Cameron and FOX to Create Avatar 2 & 3 - Oct 27, 2010
- James Cameron to be honoured with Producers Guild award - Sep 23, 2010
- James Cameron is going to plan Avatar 2 in Brazil - Mar 30, 2011
- Avatar 2 To Be Released In December 2014 - Oct 29, 2010
- Farming time for Cameron, buys land to grow crops - Jul 30, 2012
- 'Avatar' sequel to explore Pandora's oceans - Aug 17, 2010
- 'Avatar' Releases New Unseen Extra Footage This Week, More Political Overtones - Aug 24, 2010
- 'Avatar 2' not delayed as no release date fixed: Producer - Mar 26, 2012
- James Cameron to co-produce 3D film in China - Aug 09, 2012
- Is Keanu Reeves Really Returning With Matrix 4 And 5? - Jan 24, 2011
- 'Titanic 3D' more magnificent after 15 years (IANS Movie) - Apr 06, 2012
- James Cameron says that Avatar sequel is on the way - Jan 15, 2010
Tags: audience, avatar trilogy, box office, charity, christmas, cinema, desire, director james cameron, earnings, familiar faces, films, flicks, gap, james cameron, money, pga, probability, sequels, theaters