James Cameron Announces “Titanic” 3D ReleaseJuly 10th, 2010 - 7:05 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) James Cameron has announced the re-release of his 1997 movie “Titanic” which earned billions at the box office in the past. Winning a total of 11 Oscars the film made a star of actors Kate Winslet and Leonardo Di’Caprio, Rose and Jack, the characters portrayed by the two actors, becoming household names after the release of the movie. The world can get to see the two romancing on screen yet again in the glory of 3D effects.
According to reports, Fox Studios will be working in collaboration with the Canadian director in the making of the 3D format of “Titanic”. The ship which had begun its journey from Southampton in England on the 10th of April in the year 1912 cracked open after hitting against an iceberg in the middle of the ocean. The accident which had taken place on the 14th of April has almost been engraved in our memories after watching the same being enacted in “Titanic”. The legendary ship will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of its sinking in the year 2012 and this is when James Cameron plans to release his new 3D formatted “Titanic”.
Film analysts are of the opinion that the superb success of “Avatar” has inspired James Cameron to set forth on his new venture. Speaking to the media, Rose DeWitt Bukator, one of the survivors of the sinking Titanic talks about her experiences during the journey in the legendary ship. She remembers how she had shared a passionate relationship with an artist named Jack Dawson, much like the relationship shared by lead actors Leonardo Di’Caprio and Kate Winslet.
- 3-D 'Titanic' to release in April 2012 - Jul 06, 2010
- James Cameron Plans A 'Titanic' 3-D Release In April 2012 - Jul 07, 2010
- Winslet's fears over nude scene in 'Titanic 3D' - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Titanic 3D' trailer released - Nov 17, 2011
- 'Titanic 3D' more magnificent after 15 years (IANS Movie) - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D -- Indian fans excited, experts doubtful - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D: Indian fans excited, experts doubtful (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- DiCaprio embarrassed by 'Titanic' performance - Mar 29, 2012
- Kate Winslet's nude 'Titanic' sketch to go under the hammer - Apr 03, 2011
- I'm thinner than Leo: Winslet - Apr 03, 2012
- James Cameron: Titanic 3D to be released in 2012 - Mar 16, 2010
- Censor clears 'Titanic 3D' without cuts - Mar 30, 2012
- Winslet shaved arms for 'Titanic' - Mar 31, 2012
- Gloria Stuart of Titanic fame dies - Sep 28, 2010
- Winslet, DiCaprio secretly dating? - Mar 30, 2010
Tags: 100th anniversary, 3d effects, 3d format, billions, canadian director, dewitt, fox studios, gina gomez, household names, jack dawson, james cameron, kate winslet, legendary ship, leonardo di caprio, middle of the ocean, one of the survivors, oscars, passionate relationship, titanic film, year 2012