James Bond’s Aston Martin sold for 2.53 million poundsOctober 28th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Oct 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The James Bond hi-tech car that was driven by Sean Connery in the James Bond movies “Goldfinger” (1964) and “Thunderball” (1965) has been sold for £2.53 million in an auction in London.
The figure however was short of the expected figure of £3.17 million.
The car, Aston Martin is fully equipped with gadgets that include ejector seat and revolving number plates. Prior to the auction, expectations was very high for the price of the car that had been dubbed the “world’s most famous car”.
The auction house where the auction was carried out said though the figure failed to reach the estimated value, they still felt the amount was good adding that nobody should feel “disappointed”.
The owner of the car, Jerry Lee hopes to use the proceeds from the sales for charitable cause. He purchased the car in 1969 for $12,000. Before the auction, the car made a tour in some major countries and cities in the world like Britain, Germany, Monte Carlo, New York and Hong Kong.
After over 41 years, the car has changed ownership and the car that has stayed out of public eye for most part of the 41 years is sure going back to its “hibernation” state.
- James Bond’s Aston Martin Fetches 2.6 million Pounds! - Oct 29, 2010
- James Bond's iconic Aston Martin up for grabs - Oct 27, 2010
- James Bond's Aston Martin Sells for 2.6m Pounds at Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- Aston Martin Used By James Bond Fetches 2.6 Million Pounds At The Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- James Bond's 1964 Aston Martin DB5 up for grabs - Jun 02, 2010
- James Bond's 'Goldfinger' car breaks down - Jun 27, 2010
- James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 Sold In London Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- James Bond Aston Martin Expected to Fetch $5M at Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- Bond car is the star in the auction that raked in $6.8 million - May 24, 2010
- Bond Car Auction Acquires A Mammoth $6.8 million - May 24, 2010
- Rusting car to auction for 200,000 pounds - Apr 21, 2010
- James Bond Car Auction Generates $6.8 Million - May 24, 2010
- Connery to appear before Spanish judge over 'money-laundering' scam - May 08, 2010
- James Bond 'based on real life MI6 special agent' - Sep 22, 2010
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: aston martin, auction house, charitable cause, gadgets, germany, goldfinger, hi tech, hong kong, james bond movies, london, monte carlo, number plates, proceeds, public eye, sean connery, thunderball