James Bond to take on Taliban in new filmJune 14th, 2009 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 14 (IANS) The 23rd edition of the James Bond franchise will see the super spy taking on the Taliban and heroin barons in Afghanistan.
Newsoftheworld.co.uk reports that scriptwriters have been quizzing British Embassy staff in Kabul about life in the war-torn country for the next Bond instalment.
An ex-member of the foreign Office’s Afghan anti-drugs team is also giving an insight into the British operations there.
“They (producers and writers) are trying to get an accurate picture of the military situation (in Afghanistan),” said an insider at Eon Productions, the producers of the franchise.
The film, starring Daniel Craig as 007, is earmarked for release in late 2011.
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Bond 23' suspended indefinitely! - Apr 21, 2010
- Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz an item? - Dec 28, 2010
- James Bond returns? - Sep 18, 2010
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- Latest James Bond film back on track? - Sep 17, 2010
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig dresses in drag for women's rights - Mar 08, 2011
- Craig wasn't interested in 'James Bond' role - Jul 22, 2011
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Frieda Pinto to be next Bond girl - Mar 21, 2010
- Not satisfied with my career: Daniel Craig - Dec 05, 2011
Tags: barons, british embassy, british operations, daniel craig, embassy staff, eon productions, film london, foreign office, heroin, insider, insight, james bond franchise, june 14, kabul, military situation, new film, newsoftheworld co uk, producers, scriptwriters, taliban