James Bond, Sherlock Holmes to be resurrected in new novelsJanuary 18th, 2011 - 6:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 18 (ANI): Authors Anthony Horowitz and Jeffrey Deaver have been chosen to resurrect James Bond and Sherlock Holmes for two new full-length novels.
Horowitz, the children’s author of a series of stories about teenage spy Alex Rider, has been selected to bring the famous Baker Street detective back to life in the latest novel, which will be published in September, reports the Telegraph.
The author was chosen by the Conan Doyle Estate, which represents the family of Holmes’ creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Meanwhile, US thriller writer Deaver is the new writer for the latest addition to the Bond franchise due to release in May.
The book, called Carte Blanche, features 007 in a contemporary story set partly in the Middle East.
Speaking of the new Sherlock Holmes story, Horowitz said: “I fell in love with the Sherlock Holmes stories when I was 16 and I’ve read them many times since.
“I simply couldn’t resist this opportunity to write a brand new adventure for this iconic figure and my aim is to produce a first-rate mystery for a modern audience while remaining absolutely true to the spirit of the original,” he said.
While Deaver said: “In the world of espionage, giving an agent carte blanche on a mission comes with an enormous amount of trust and constantly tests both personal and professional judgment.
“Part of the non-stop suspense in the novel is the looming question of what is acceptable in matters of national and international security. Are there lines that even James Bond should not cross?” Deaver added. (ANI)
- Anthony Horowitz vows to keep Sherlock Holmes 'exactly' the same - Jan 19, 2011
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Bentley designs James Bond book 'Carte Blanche' for $1,650 - May 02, 2011
- Bentley and publishers Hodder and Stoughten come out with 1500 dollar limited 007 book - Apr 27, 2011
- American writer Jeffery Deaver to pen next James Bond novel - May 28, 2010
- Sherlock Holmes returns - from Nepal - Jun 18, 2010
- Sherlock Holmes book goes digital on iPhone, iPad - Feb 18, 2011
- Sherlock Holmes to police modern London's mean streets in new BBC series - Mar 22, 2010
- 'Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Shadows' predictable, but witty and intelligent (IANS Movie Review) - Dec 30, 2011
- I wanted to know Indian writers, find myself: Horowitz (Interview) - Nov 30, 2010
- The return of Sherlock Holmes - as Indian writer's muse (With Image) - Sep 04, 2009
- Pakistani writer's Urdu thrillers now in English (With Image) - Apr 22, 2011
- Campaigners seek High Court's help to save Sherlock Holmes creator's home - Dec 17, 2010
- 'Sherlock Holmes' was grumpy: Downey Jr. - Aug 29, 2011
- Classic e-novels sales surge this Christmas - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: alex rider, anthony horowitz, arthur conan doyle, baker street, bond franchise, carte blanche, espionage, full length, international security, james bond, jeffrey deaver, latest addition, length novels, london jan, professional judgment, sherlock holmes stories, sherlock holmes story, sir arthur conan, sir arthur conan doyle, thriller writer