James Bond Aston Martin Expected to Fetch $5M at AuctionOctober 28th, 2010 - 1:06 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The silver Aston Martin DB5 which was made famous by the character ‘James Bond’ in the movies ‘Goldfinger’ and ‘Thunderball’ is going to auction in London this week, and is expected ot draw in at least five million dollars.
The car is said not to be in the best shape after sitting in the private collection of a possibly careless owner for the last forty years. The estimated cost of the needed repairs which would be needed in order to get the car back into mint condition is another five hundred thousand dollars.
The car is one of the four vehicles which were used by Sean Connery as Bond in the two films during the high speed chase scenes. This car is said to be the only one which is still intact, since the second one was stolen from a warehouse in Florida, and is suspected to have been sold off in pieces, and the other two are no longer in existence.
In the video embedded below, you can take a full tour of the car and it’s gadgets.
- James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 Sold In London Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- James Bond's iconic Aston Martin up for grabs - Oct 27, 2010
- James Bond's Aston Martin Sells for 2.6m Pounds at Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- James Bond’s Aston Martin Fetches 2.6 million Pounds! - Oct 29, 2010
- James Bond's 1964 Aston Martin DB5 up for grabs - Jun 02, 2010
- James Bond's 'Goldfinger' car breaks down - Jun 27, 2010
- James Bond's Aston Martin sold for 2.53 million pounds - Oct 28, 2010
- Bond car is the star in the auction that raked in $6.8 million - May 24, 2010
- Aston Martin Used By James Bond Fetches 2.6 Million Pounds At The Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- Bond Car Auction Acquires A Mammoth $6.8 million - May 24, 2010
- Sean Connery being investigated for tax fraud - Jul 16, 2010
- James Bond's Aston Martin voted sexiest car ever - Oct 24, 2008
- James Bond Car Auction Generates $6.8 Million - May 24, 2010
- Connery to appear before Spanish judge over 'money-laundering' scam - May 08, 2010
- Being James Bonds paramour can be a deadly affair - Mar 23, 2009
Tags: 5m, astin martin db5, auction, chase scenes, existence, forty years, gadgets, goldfinger, high speed chase, hundred thousand, james bond, london, million dollars, mint condition, private collection, sean connery, shape, thousand dollars, thunderball, two films