‘Jalpari’ not a serious film: Nila Madhab PandaAugust 23rd, 2012 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) Director Nila Madhab Panda, known for “I Am Kalam”, says his forthcoming movie “Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid”, based on the issue of female foeticide, is not a serious film.
“Cinema is an reflection of the society. So if issues affecting the society come into picture like that of female foeticide, it does make the film a serious film. After seeing the film, people will get entertained and get a message too. It is any day better than watching a mindless comedy,” Panda told IANS.
He was here at a press conference Thursday along with child actors Lehar Khan and Krishang Trivedi along with “I Am Kalam” child star Harsh Mayar.
Actors Parvin Dabas, Tannishtha Chatterjee along with producer Sushilkumar Agrawal of Ultra Distributors Pvt Ltd were also present.
Agrawal is delighted with the response the film has got from distributors: “The film has been treated as an adventure thriller and journey film. I am sure it will be a success.”
“Jalpari” was supposed to release July 20 but got postponed due to some reasons. It now releases Aug 31 along with Shirish Kunder’s directorial venture “Joker”.
The films also features actor Rahul Singh, Suhasini Mulay and V.M. Badola.
- Nila Madhab's 'Jalpari' screened at Marche du Cannes - May 22, 2012
- Box office offers mix bag this Friday (IANS preview) - Aug 29, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Jalpari' - a little gem, with message on female foeticide (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- Our society has double standards: Tannishtha - Aug 08, 2012
- Spending crores on promotion doesn't guarantee success: Panda - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Jalpari' to compete at Asia Pacific Screen Awards - Jun 11, 2012
- Aamir brings smile to 'Jalpari' director (Movie Snippets)(With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Kids bring spontaneity on sets, says Parvin Dabas - Aug 30, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Emraan effortless actor, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2012
- Driving social change for women - via stardom - Sep 12, 2012
- Richard Gere to work in Indian film? - Jan 10, 2012
- Gulshan Grover promotes 'I am Kalam' in New Delhi - Nov 13, 2010
- Nila Madhab Panda supports 'green' films for kids - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: adventure thriller, agrawal, chatterjee, child actors, child star, desert, directorial venture, female foeticide, film cinema, jalpari, madhab, mermaid, New Delhi, panda, parvin dabas, pvt ltd, rahul singh, reflection, shirish kunder, suhasini mulay