Jake Gyllenhaal wants to direct filmsMarch 24th, 2011 - 3:18 am ICT by IANS
London, March 24 (IANS) Actor Jake Gyllenhaal, who was nominated for a best supporting actor Oscar this year for “Brokeback Mountain”, admits his future lies in directing.
“Well, I do have a number of things that I’m developing. That’s probably where the future lies for me - but I’m not going to give up the day job just yet. I’d like to see where it goes,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
The 30-year-old revealed he would like to write his own scripts in the future because he realises he will not be around forever.
“You’re always wondering how long this will last. It’s a piece of being an actor. There’s always someone more talented or younger than you,” he added.
“But I also like to write. In years to come, I think that will expand. I won’t just be scrapping for the next job. Maybe I’ll create something for myself,” he said.
- Jake Gyllenhaal wants to don director's hat - Mar 25, 2011
- Jake Gyllenhaal wants to write scripts - Dec 12, 2010
- I'm a perfectionist when it comes to fight sequences: Jake Gyllenhaal - Sep 08, 2010
- Jake Gyllenhaal donates used eyewear - Apr 06, 2011
- Gyllenhall enjoys good on-screen chemistry with Hathaway - Nov 04, 2010
- Gyllenhaal protects co-stars in sex scenes - Nov 19, 2010
- Jake Gyllenhaal tried to 'protect' Anne Hathaway during sex scene - Nov 18, 2010
- Hathaway praises Gyllenhaal - Jul 31, 2011
- Gyllenhaal obsessed with cook books - Jan 09, 2011
- Jake Gyllenhaal doesn't see himself as leading man - Nov 29, 2010
- Denzel Washington rarely likes scripts - Feb 14, 2012
- James Franco was unhappy with Oscar script - Jul 12, 2011
- Gyllenhaal collects old cooking books - Jan 10, 2011
- Taylor Swift talking babies - Oct 31, 2010
- Hathaway protects Gyllenhaal from 'nosy' questions over Taylor romance - Nov 10, 2010