Jakarta concert cancelled, Gaga disappointedMay 28th, 2012 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 28 (IANS) Singer Lady Gaga is upset because her concert in Jakarta has been cancelled.
The pop superstar was to perform in the Indonesian capital June 3, but local police recommended that the performance should be cancelled following the pressure from conservative campaigners, who have opposed her saucy onstage antics.
The 26-year-old even offered to tone down her act or even perform solo to avoid causing offence, but it was revealed Sunday that she cancelled the show after protestors threatened to intercept her upon arrival in Indonesia.
She reached out to her fans through social networking website Facebook and promised them something special in Indonesia, reports contactmusic.com.
“We had to cancel the concert in Indonesia. I’m so very sorry to the fans & just as devastated as you if not more. You are everything to me. I will try to put together something special for you. My love for Indonesia has only grown. Gaga sends love to Jakarta and all its people,” Gaga posted on her Facebook page.
- Permit denied for Lady Gaga's Indonesia show - May 16, 2012
- Lady Gaga fans told to return tickets for Indonesia concert - Mar 20, 2012
- Lady Gaga concert in Indonesia termed 'un-Islamic' - Mar 20, 2012
- Lady Gaga tears up as she duets with 10-yr-old YouTube sensation fan - Mar 05, 2011
- Being onstage is like having sex with my fans, says Lady Gaga - Feb 11, 2011
- Lady Gaga launches her own social networking site 'Little Monsters' - Jul 11, 2012
- Elton John hospitalised for respiratory infection - May 25, 2012
- Bieber sings in Mexico for free - Jun 13, 2012
- Why Saina loves Indonesia! - Jun 19, 2012
- Lady Gaga cancels Indiana concert after 'passing out' - Jan 16, 2010
- Lady Gaga Flags Off Halloween By Biting Barbie’s Head Off - Nov 03, 2010
- Celine Dion cancels Las Vegas gigs - Feb 28, 2012
- Lady Gaga Rips Off Santa Head At Her London Concert - Dec 19, 2010
- Madonna fans oppose bombing Iran before Israel gig - Feb 10, 2012
- Chris Brown Denied Entry To UK Due To Criminal Record; Tour Canceled - Jun 09, 2010