Jagjit Singh Announces New Album At Mumbai Ghazal ConcertDecember 8th, 2010 - 12:22 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
On this occasion, 30 musicians performed live on around 20 ghazals in the accompaniment of the instruments like violins, flutes, guitars and several others.
The maestro released his last album ‘Inteha’ in 2009, which was promoted on Zee TV’s popular show ‘Banoo Main Teri Dulhann’. Jagjit has composed more than 50 albums till date starting from his first album ‘The Unforgettables’ in 1976. He has sung in several Indian languages like Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, Pujabi, Sindhi, Urdu and Nepali.
The ‘Padma Bhushan’ award winner has also done playback singing in various renowned films like Veer-Zaara, Sarfarosh, Tum Bin, Dushman, Khal Nayak, Arth and many others. He has recently sung in the low budget Bollywood film Shah Rukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu.
The ghazal maestro says that he gets call only for a particular genre from Bollywood so if they want to offer him some variety then he would definitely love to work in many other Bollywood films in future.
Jagjit is now working on his latest album and is expecting to release it soon. As we know, he has given some of the most romantic numbers in Bollywood, we can expect the latest album also turns out to be a big romantic hit!
- Jagjit Singh to enthrall with ghazal symphony - Dec 07, 2010
- Jagjit Singh plans seven albums, 70 concerts in his 70th year - Nov 03, 2010
- Bollywood has no taste for ghazals: Jagjit Singh - Mar 29, 2011
- Jagjit's voice initially seen not suited for films: Lata - Oct 12, 2011
- Fans, family, friends bid adieu to Jagjit Singh - Oct 11, 2011
- Ghazal loses its soulful king in Jagjit Singh (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- B-Town prays for Jagjit Singh's speedy recovery - Sep 24, 2011
- Jhuki jhuki si nazar, in remembrance of Jagjit Singh (Obituary) - Oct 10, 2011
- Jagjit Singh brought soul to film songs, says Bollywood - Oct 10, 2011
- Music directors today lack a taste for ghazals: Jagjit Singh - Apr 09, 2009
- Great sense of loss in Bhopal over Jagjit's demise - Oct 10, 2011
- Ghazals with symphony to attract Gen Next: Jagjit Singh - Dec 08, 2010
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' perfect rendition of melody, trance (Tamil Film Music Review) - Sep 06, 2012
- Will soon release ghazal album: Javed Ali - Jun 29, 2012
- Two concerts to mark Madan Mohan's 86th birth anniversary - Jun 09, 2010
Tags: accompaniment, arth, award winner, bengali, bola, bollywood films, gujarati, indian languages, inteha, jagjit singh, khoobsurat, low budget, padma bhushan, renowned films, shah rukh, sindhi, unforgettables, veer zaara, violins, zee tv