Jagger proud of British musiciansFebruary 16th, 2009 - 1:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 16 (IANS) Rolling Stones guitarist Sir Mick Jagger is happy and proud of British musicians as they won 16 top Grammy awards recently.
Jagger believes this is one of the best times for British music till now, reports thesun.co.uk.
He said: “With British acts doing so well at the Grammys last week it’s proving to be a great period for home-grown talent right now.
“And what is so refreshing are the different styles that have been recognised - Coldplay, Duffy, Adele and Radiohead - and make up an eclectic bunch, proving there’s a lot of fresh British talent out there.
“I like that these acts have paid their dues in the way we had to. There is certainly an upsurge of diverse Brit acts breaking through in the US and overseas - good to see it. Long may it continue.”
- Mick Jaggers ecstatic with so many Brit bands winning Grammys - Feb 16, 2009
- Adele sues French magazine over 'sex tape' - Feb 19, 2012
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Madonna defends Adele - Mar 12, 2012
- Adele's tunes inspire Stewart - Jun 02, 2012
- Mick Jagger's daughter poses topless - Aug 19, 2010
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Adele records nursery rhymes album for baby - Jul 08, 2012
- Keith Richards' 'tiny willy' jibe at Sir Mick Jagger - Oct 15, 2010
- George Michael wants Adele collaboration - Mar 02, 2012
- Adele to release new single - Apr 04, 2012
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Mick Gagger wants best comedian for his new film - Apr 10, 2011
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: adele, british acts, british music, british musicians, coldplay, different styles, duffy, eclectic bunch, grammy awards, grammys, london feb, mick jagger, radiohead, rolling stones guitarist, sir mick jagger