Jagger learning to slow himself during live concertsMay 31st, 2010 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
London, May 30 (IANS) Veteran rocker Sir Mick Jagger is learning to pace himself during live performances because he can no longer keep up his energetic stage act for the entire concert.
The 66-year-old Rolling Stones legend is often praised for his high-energy gigs but he is finding it increasingly difficult to perform now that he’s getting older, admitting he has to take short breaks during shows to catch his breath, reports contactmusic.com.
“After I’m finished (a concert), I don’t always feel like a 20 year old! Part of knowing if you’re fit or not is knowing how tired you get at the end. You might be tired for five minutes, you’ll feel really wiped out, (but) you should be recovered in 30 minutes. And you should feel absolutely fine. If you don’t, you’re not very fit, basically,” he said.
“You can pace yourself as well - it’s like playing tennis. If you notice people playing tennis, even the really fast people, they have a lot of breaks in between when they want to get their breath back.”
“If you’ve had a really long rally and you’re running, you bounce the ball a bit more to recover! That’s what you’ve got to do onstage if you’re really, really running - you’ve got to pace yourself,” he added.
- Old Sir Mick Jagger learning to 'pace' himself during live gigs - May 31, 2010
- You've got to love yourself first: Lopez - Oct 28, 2011
- Bill Clinton invites Rolling Stones to UN meeting - Sep 25, 2010
- Warner implements match-like conditions at nets - Oct 25, 2011
- Mick Jagger returns to school to inaugurate new rooms - Jul 17, 2010
- Katy Perry finds comfort in ex-boyfriend - Feb 05, 2012
- Simon on Leno: Names Crystal Bowersox The One To Beat - Mar 10, 2010
- Eva Longoria says she is worst dater - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Busy' Mick Jagger hires assistant to update his blog - May 28, 2010
- Rolling Stones documentary is like a 'family scrapbook': Sir Mick Jagger - May 20, 2010
- Lara Stone doesn't like her body - Jul 30, 2011
- After Valentine's Day mush celebrate Singles Awareness Day today - Feb 15, 2011
- We are very optimistic, Anderson is fit to play: Strauss - Aug 17, 2011
- Julian Assange has groupie sex fan following like that of Mick Jagger - Dec 20, 2010
- Terry reveals coach Capello's dreaded 'laser-zap' secret of success - Oct 14, 2009
Tags: 30 minutes, concerts london, five minutes, gigs, high energy, live concerts, live performances, mick jagger, playing tennis, rally, rolling stones, short breaks, sir mick jagger, stage act, veteran