Jade Goody’s hubby to read ‘tear-jerking’ ode at her funeralMarch 31st, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 31 (ANI): Jade Goody’s husband will pay a personal tribute to his late wife with a touching ode at her funeral on April 4.
According to reports, Jack Tweed referred to several funeral poems before penning the grief at the loss of his better half in his own verse.
One of his friends has revealed that the 21-year-old, who lost his wife to cervical cancer on March 22, wanted his poem ‘If Only’ to mirror what he and Goody’s fans felt.
“It will be a complete tear-jerker and there won’t be a dry eye in the church,” the Sun quoted the pal as saying.
“Jack knows thousands of people have been affected by Jade’s death and he wants his words to reflect that,” the pal added.
A line in the ode reportedly reads: “If only tears could build a stairway and heartaches make a lane we would walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.”
However, according to the late star’s friends, her family’s favourite stanza said: “God broke our hearts to prove he only takes the best.”
The funeral will be held at St John The Baptist Church in Buckhurst Hill, Essex, and guests expected to attend the service include Sugababes and Kerry Katona. (ANI)
- Jade Goody's hubby reads tear-jerking poem at funeral - Apr 05, 2009
- Jade Goody 'cradled imaginary baby with hubby before she died' - Mar 31, 2009
- Goody's widower wants wife's message tattooed - Mar 26, 2009
- Jack Tweed and Mark Wright appear in court - Feb 23, 2011
- Family to bid Goody last goodbye with her favorite Beatles classic - Apr 03, 2009
- Jade Goody''s funeral to be broadcast live on TV - Mar 23, 2009
- Jacko won't attend Jade Goody's funeral - Mar 31, 2009
- Jade Goody's widower may miss her funeral - Mar 23, 2009
- Jack Tweed 'bedding glam girl' - Mar 29, 2010
- Goodys mum, hubby plan on giving her the perfect send-off - Mar 24, 2009
- Freed jailbird Tweed 'pays tender tribute at Goody's grave' - May 30, 2009
- Jack Tweed faces rape trial - Apr 12, 2010
- Jade Goody to be buried with sons'' pictures - Mar 23, 2009
- No room in cemetery for dying Jade Goody - Mar 21, 2009
- Jade Goody fights to see final Mother's Day (Lead) - Mar 21, 2009
Tags: april 4, buckhurst hill, cervical cancer, dry eye, essex, funeral poems, grief, hubby, jack tweed, jade goody, john the baptist, kerry katona, london march, personal tribute, poem, st john the baptist, st john the baptist church, stanza, sugababes, tear jerker