Jade Goody urges women not to ignore cancer screeningFebruary 9th, 2009 - 4:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 09 (ANI): Cancer-stricken Jade Goody has urged women to learn from her mistakes and start considering the importance of early diagnosis of the disease.
The former Big Brother star has begged other victims to take up their offers of smear tests.
Dont ignore the symptoms I had. If youre not happy with the first diagnosis, see someone else. Dont leave it too late, the Daily Express quoted her, as saying.
Goody had three abnormal smear tests and endured three operations to remove the cancerous cells.
However, when she was told about a fourth abnormal smear, she was too scared to go to hospital.
After collapsing from blood loss for the fourth time last August, Goody left the Indian reality show Bigg Boss to return to London to see Harley Street
consultant Dr Ann Coxon.
Jade is not unhappy about making herself a poster child about screening to pick up a disease which is preventable if caught early, Coxon said.
She went to hospital with symptoms relating to her cervical cancer and it is evident a diagnosis was missed, Coxon added. (ANI)
- 'Negligent' NHS blamed for Jade Goody's death - Mar 20, 2010
- Screening can save Indian women from killer cancer - Mar 06, 2011
- Goody's cancerous end prompts 20-pct leap in Scotland smear tests - Aug 26, 2009
- Mom visits Jade Goody's grave with Christmas tree - Dec 25, 2009
- Catherine Zeta-Jones at cancer risk? - Sep 12, 2010
- Low cost cervical cancer test can save thousands of women - Nov 23, 2010
- Cervical cancer leading cancer-killer among Indian women - Mar 28, 2012
- Jade Goody effect behind rise in cancer screenings, say docs - Feb 17, 2009
- Indian-origin doctor found guilty of misconduct in Britain - Aug 11, 2010
- British reality TV star Jade Goody dies - Mar 22, 2009
- Jade Goody mum's grave vigil - Dec 24, 2009
- Cancer denial killing thousands in Britain - Mar 07, 2012
- Shilpa Shetty rushes to meet dying Jade Goody - Mar 16, 2009
- Changing lifestyle toughens India's cancer battle (Feb 4 is World Cancer Day) - Feb 03, 2012
- I ignored cancer warnings: Jade Goody - Aug 26, 2008
Tags: abnormal smear, big brother, blood loss, boss, cancer screening, cancerous cells, cervical cancer, coxon, daily express, diagnosis, dr ann, harley street, jade goody, london feb, poster child, reality show, smear tests