Jade Goody determined to see her sons christenedMarch 7th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 7 (ANI): Brit celebrity Jade Goody, who is suffering from cancer and has been given just weeks to live, is determined to see that her two young sons are christened.
Goody, 27, who is still too weak after her bowel operation at Royal Marsden Hospital, wants to be baptised in church with her sons, Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.
But she is far too ill to go through with the emotional ceremony at a church, and Goodys publicist Max Clifford said the star still held out hope it would take place subject to everything being ok at her hospital’’s chapel instead.
Clifford said the ceremony would take place just before midday, and that the event would be a small affair with about 20 to 30 close family members and friends.
In terms of parties, that will have to wait. Its what Jade wanted to do, the Sun quoted him as saying.
Goody is determined to raise as much as she can to leave to her boys, but the christening was not part of it, even though a deal had been struck with the same celebrity mag that had paid for exclusive rights to her wedding.
The christening was not just a cynical attempt to make some money for her boys, a friend close to her said.
Jade genuinely wants to be baptised before she dies. She is still hopeful this can be done. But time is running out for her, the friend added. (ANI)
- Jade Goodys too weak for church christening with her two boys - Mar 06, 2009
- Goody goes home for 'final weeks' - Mar 11, 2009
- Jade Goody still hasnt told her kids shes dying - Mar 08, 2009
- Jade Goody gets last wish to spend final days with kids at home - Mar 12, 2009
- Jade Goodys tears of joy at reunion with sons - Mar 13, 2009
- Jade's last kiss goodbye as she christens her boys - Mar 08, 2009
- Celine Dion baptises her twin sons - Mar 09, 2011
- Jade Goody''s funeral to be broadcast live on TV - Mar 23, 2009
- Jade Goody vows to be present at sons Christening - Feb 25, 2009
- Goody's family wants privacy, peace - Mar 22, 2009
- Jade to walk down the aisle Sunday (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- Jade Goody wants to spend her final days at home - Mar 11, 2009
- Jade Goody dies of cancer - Mar 22, 2009
- Jade Goody Transferred to New Hospital for Operation - Mar 02, 2009
- Cancer-stricken Jade Goody making care plan for sons - Feb 10, 2009
Tags: baptised, bobby five, celebrity, christening, cynical attempt, emotional ceremony, family members, goodys, jade goody, london, midday, money, publicist max clifford, royal marsden hospital, suffering from cancer, sun