Jada Pinkett Smith breaks 18-year TV boycott vowJune 17th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 17 (ANI): Will Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett has broken an 18-year vow never to return to TV.
Jada, who found fame in 1980/90s show A Different World, said she decided to come back because she wanted to become “complacent” as an actress.
She walked away from TV because she hated the long hours and rigorous shoots.
Now, the stunner is returning to the small screen in hospital drama Hawthorne, reports The Daily Express.
Explaining her decision, she says: “I vowed I would never go back to television because it was so hard. Just the pace, it was very intense. The long hours, 19 hours a day.
“But at this point in my life, I felt that I needed it. I needed a grind; I was getting complacent. There were a couple of skills that I needed to tighten - my producer skills, my storytelling skills, so I needed to get back in front of the camera so I could remember what actors need, because shortly I’ll be directing.
“So this is a transitional period for me.” (ANI)
- Willow Smith a born rebel: Jada Smith - Apr 09, 2011
- Cowell teams up with Pinkett-Smith for TV show - Jan 27, 2012
- TNT Premieres All New Episode Of "Hawthorne" - Jun 23, 2010
- 9-Year Old Willow Smith Into The Pop Machine Grind - Oct 25, 2010
- Jaden Smith wants to perfect his martial art skills - Jun 23, 2010
- Jada Pinkett Smith Does Not Believe In Imposing Rules On Her Children - Dec 19, 2010
- Jaden Smith wants to hone martial arts - Jun 24, 2010
- Have Will Smith & Jada Pinkett split? - Aug 23, 2011
- Will Smith looking after kids but won't do cooking - Jun 21, 2009
- Jada Pinkett Smith tweets her bikini photo - Jul 30, 2012
- Rihanna inspires Will Smith's daughter - Sep 09, 2010
- Will Smith, wife fight over son's tough work schedule - May 19, 2010
- Jada Smith gives up career for kids - Jul 03, 2011
- Jada Pinkett Smith's kids banned from "talking crooked" to people - Sep 03, 2009
- Music Video By Will Smith’s Daughter - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: actors, actress, boycott, daily express, different world, fame, hawthorne, hospital drama, jada pinkett smith, london, pace, storytelling skills, stunner, television, transitional period, vow, will smith